fishing bassano del grappa

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

ztyx

fishing bassano del grappa

Post by ztyx »

Hey guys.

I have seen an old post by ubbi about fishing river brenta in bassano, Italy. I have tried sending ubbi a PM about this topic, but he might be long gone. It is hard to find anything about fishing there, only thing I have found is most of the river is catch and release.
Anyone of you got any info to share? Maybe know a flyfisher in the region I could contact?

Regards, Thomas.

solo8232000
Guide

Re: fishing bassano del grappa

Post by solo8232000 »

Hi Thomas,

I did a Google search for the Brenta River and Bassano del Grappa and I found a post here from ubbi from 2011. In that post he gives an email address for a member of the Bassano del Grappo Brenta River Association. I was in northern Italy around the time he made that post. I never fished the Brenta in Bassano although I visited the city a number of times and fished the Brenta farther to the southeast. Looking down on the river from the old bridge there were some huge trout hanging in the wake of the bridge abuttments..Made my mouth water!! If you are planning to go you will love the river..The water is always ice cold. It is also very fast and extremely clear to the point of being deceptively deep and not appearing so!! There is so much to see in the area.

Ubbi's post was made in the Fishing Bamboo section on 3/9/2011 and is titled Opening Day in a Medieval Downtown: The Brenta River. Hope this helps..

Nathan
solo8232000

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

Don't forget to sample the varieties of grappa made there.

ztyx

Post by ztyx »

I have been on that bridge everytime i visit Bassano (going there for quite some years now to paraglide), so i have seen it all :) . And everytime i stand there on the bridge, watching those lovely trout (think it might be marbletrout), and wishing for a flyrod.

Just read the old post again, and found the email.. Will try and give him a message, thanks

Return to “General discussion”