Bamboo Flyrod magazine

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Mister Bill
Master Guide

Bamboo Flyrod magazine

Post by Mister Bill »

Does anyone care to estimate what an issue would be worth?

I have all of them, I believe.

How many issues are there?

Thanks,

Bill

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Bamboo Flyrod magazine

Post by 3creeks »

Mister Bill wrote:Does anyone care to estimate what an issue would be worth?

Thanks,

Bill
I've got 3 or 4. I subscribed and never got all of the issues that I had coming before they folded.

waltryan1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by waltryan1 »

I think there were 5. As I remember it I had a a year's subscription and then renewed for a second year and got one more issue. I think I gave them to someone on this board a few years after they ceased publication.

3creeks wrote:
Mister Bill wrote:Does anyone care to estimate what an issue would be worth?

Thanks,

Bill
I've got 3 or 4. I subscribed and never got all of the issues that I had coming before they folded.
Walt

Mister Bill
Master Guide

Post by Mister Bill »

What would be a fair asking price?

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Mister Bill wrote:What would be a fair asking price?
Speaking only for myself, a non-collector, I would think maybe $15 an issue. I didn't think it was all that awesome of a magazine and there's just as useful information on Youtube and Power Fibers now. Maybe there's some collectible value in a full set, though.

Jeff

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

The ones that I have seen sell, do so in the $10-$20 range. The premiere issue is generally at the higher end, with the balance of the issues closer to $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Bamboo River
Guide

Post by Bamboo River »

I'd like to see a decent Bamboo Magazine available.

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Bamboo River wrote:I'd like to see a decent Bamboo Magazine available.
I think Power Fibers is pretty legit. I purchased all of the issues for about $200 and downloaded them. I don't think that, in this day of information at your fingertips, a magazine will be all that awesome. The information gets pretty redundant after a while what with forums, email lists, Youtube, etc. You can only read (or produce) so many articles on working nodes, or hollowing or... you name it.

Jeff

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Also, if you go this link and scroll down a ways to the B's, you can download all of the issues of Bamboo Flyrod Magazine. I was able to get the issues that I didn't have. Like many I paid for a full subscription and didn't get my full value for it after they folded. I never tried to get anything back because I wasn't sure what hardships they had encountered, or who "they" were/are.

https://splitcaneinfo.com/?page_id=19

Bamboo River
Guide

Post by Bamboo River »

3creeks wrote:Also, if you go this link and scroll down a ways to the B's, you can download all of the issues of Bamboo Flyrod Magazine. I was able to get the issues that I didn't have. Like many I paid for a full subscription and didn't get my full value for it after they folded. I never tried to get anything back because I wasn't sure what hardships they had encountered, or who "they" were/are.

https://splitcaneinfo.com/?page_id=19

Thank you for that link.

Return to “General discussion”