Perrine fly box question?

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

juanitogonzapr

Perrine fly box question?

Post by juanitogonzapr »

Hey! Im new to this beautiful thing called fly fishing and have been collecting fly boxes and im trying to figure out what is this for?

aged_sage
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Perrine fly box question?

Post by aged_sage »

It will have a very small hole drilled through it for attaching it to a mono "lanyard", in case you should drop the box while a'stream.

DUCKMANNM
Master Guide

Post by DUCKMANNM »

It is a really terrible image to see your fly box floating away or sinking out of sight! Been There, Done That, Got The Tee Shirt! :-[

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Hah. I have and have had several and never knew that. I always just thought it was to hold and make it easier to open. 74 years old and learning new things, and yes I had some of those boxes like many many years ago.

JohnMD1022
Master Guide

Post by JohnMD1022 »

bassman wrote:
11/09/18 01:45
Hah. I have and have had several and never knew that. I always just thought it was to hold and make it easier to open. 74 years old and learning new things, and yes I had some of those boxes like many many years ago.
I recently bought 3 NOS Petrine boxes for Wets.

Return to “General discussion”