Idaho

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

wineslob
Master Guide

Idaho

Post by wineslob »

After "surviving" the Camp Fire and realizing that the Paradise that I knew and loved is, in real terms, "gone" and won't come back in my lifetime, the wife and i are looking at eventually re-locating. This will probably several years from now, but we'd like some thoughts on areas to relocate to in Idaho.
Of course it HAS to have trout fishing close by along with camping and 4wd areas to explore. A good example is what I'm close to right now, the High Lakes. This link, http://www.friendsofthehighlakes.com/maps.shtml is what is within an hours drive from Chico, where I'm now living.
I grew up fishing areas like this, IE; Desolation Wilderness, but you can drive into the High Lakes and the fishing is excellent.

Thanks.

DUCKMANNM
Master Guide

Re: Idaho

Post by DUCKMANNM »

I'd look in the southern part of the state. The north is fulla Neo-Nazi survivalist types. I had an Aunt and Uncle who moved out of Hayden Lake (near Pend O'reille {spelling, but I know its prounced Penned Or rye} ) because of that!

wineslob
Master Guide

Re: Idaho

Post by wineslob »

Well I thought I'd update this. We have decided to have a home built in Spirit Lake ID. We spent a good week in the CdA area and after looking at several houses, we determined having one built was better.
I had a chance to fish the Little CdA for one day. Only landed 1 fish, but it was about 2lbs, and absolutely beautiful.
Most likely the home won't be done until Christmas, barring weather.

Return to “General discussion”