Just a thought!!!!

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Flyfish1952

Just a thought!!!!

Post by Flyfish1952 »

Hopefully you can follow this.
I recently sold several items that were all the same on the board. I got "I want it" responses from several buyers through the boards messaging, we'll call them 1A- 2B- 3C no real names, just user names . I promptly respond that they are all winners and please pay my Pay Pal account $XXX. Then on pay pal, I get "you have money" and it's from Joe Blow not 1A, 2B, or 3C. So now I must message each buyer and ask what there name and user name is so I ship to the person who has paid.
This probably happens rarely but maybe we should all sign correspondence on the message board with our full name so it would be obvious that Joe Blow is 2B without an extra hour of messaging. Thank You, TERRY SCHREIBER

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Just a thought!!!!

Post by bassman »

I'm not really sure where the problem lies. You sell 3 items to 3 people all the same item or different items. If it's different items then you should definitely get the full name of the person buying so you can hook him up with the right item. Facebook will have the names and addresses but I can see the problem if you don't know anything but the board handle. I agree when buying an item from an ad with multiple items a member should give his full name but most of us don't want to be giving that out over internet until we know we won and need to. I've never been concerned myself but some are.

Don't know how to save you going back to the people but when a person has bought your item you should reply back right away with the fact they were first in there and need their name for paypal.

Nick

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Re: Just a thought!!!!

Post by fishnbanjo »

If you got a you have money alert from PayPal the name and address is usually associated with their profile unless they used friends and family, if that’s the case you should contact them via PayPal.
banjo

Return to “General discussion”