Ferdinand Claudio Glass Rod

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

High Desert

Ferdinand Claudio Glass Rod

Post by High Desert »

I was going through some of my rods that I have not looked at in a long time and came across a rod that I forgot I had. it is a Ferdinand Claudio fiberglass rod, 8 1/2", 856A. I have the rod tube it comes with, also. The rod has a tip top, reel seat and cork handle, but needs to have new guides put on and wrapped. I know this rod has a fairly keen following, but I plan on moving it on as I no longer do rod building. Does anyone have any idea as to the approximate value of this rod / blank (Adams Angling has a 855 A rod, complete for over $800)? I figure $20 in guides and thread plus an hour or two to wrap, and the rod is back in action. Any info would be appreciated. Amazing what you find when you poke around in your old stuff.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Ferdinand Claudio Glass Rod

Post by jhuskey »

Wrong forum. Visit and join the Fiberglass Fly Rodders forum, and ask there under the collecting sub-forum.

Return to “General discussion”