cortland fly lines

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

low waterman

cortland fly lines

Post by low waterman »

any input on cortland lines , using rio for salt but in fresh water im thinking cortland

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: cortland fly lines

Post by bassman »

Welcome to the board. Fly lines are something everyone using them has an opinion on. I don't think there are any really bad fly lines to be had if you stick with name brands and I have had several Cortland over the years including a couple on right now and have been happy with them. Also happy with SA, RIO, and a few lines I never even knew what they were.

Nick

Vaughanwilson3022
Master Guide

Post by Vaughanwilson3022 »

The lines from Royal Wulff and 406 get high praise from alot of folks.

IndyRiver

Post by IndyRiver »

I use their 444 Classic Peach in both a 5 wt and 6 wt on bamboo and glass rods and really like them. They have a suppleness that I really like, though they do not feel as slick (coating) as some other premium lines. I've also used their Trout Boss lines and find them to be excellent. I've fished the 5 weight on a faster action rod and it did well and has held up as far as durability - casts long too.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Return to “General discussion”