Fly shows

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

ted patlen
Master Guide

Fly shows

Post by ted patlen »

Simply put, with the virus going on...will you attend the shows this coming show season? As a customer, fly tyer, vendor?

I have been doing shows forever 30 years as a tyer, and vendor and obviously unsure about this season.

gt05254
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Fly shows

Post by gt05254 »

Not for a zillion dollars.
Gary

addicted to vise
Master Guide

Post by addicted to vise »

I quit tying at shows a couple years ago and have only sporadically attended as a customer. ASFI in Miramichi was the last show I tied at.

Pretty sure i'll not be attending any this year either.

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Ted, I doubt anyone will be running a show unless an effective vaccine emerges. Every show in the PNW has been canceled through 2020. Ronn canceled his get together as well (10-12 people - Harrang, Ostoj, Woods, Mcneese, Cortez, Bachand and even Reinhold last year). Ronn and I have carried on the Thai and Tye tradition despite the pandemic, and it's been 6 ft apart with take out. After all these years, the tying events are really about getting together with people you see once a year, I find I talk more then I tie.

What are you going to miss the most (sounds like Eunan is done with the shows) with no shows ?

Maybe we should set up a Zoom tying session ;)

ted patlen
Master Guide

Post by ted patlen »

roycestearns wrote:
07/25/20 08:56
Ted, I doubt anyone will be running a show unless an effective vaccine emerges. Every show in the PNW has been canceled through 2020. Ronn canceled his get together as well (10-12 people - Harrang, Ostoj, Woods, Mcneese, Cortez, Bachand and even Reinhold last year). Ronn and I have carried on the Thai and Tye tradition despite the pandemic, and it's been 6 ft apart with take out. After all these years, the tying events are really about getting together with people you see once a year, I find I talk more then I tie.

What are you going to miss the most (sounds like Eunan is done with the shows) with no shows ?

Maybe we should set up a Zoom tying session ;)
It has always been, and always will be about people. Tying ignites, the banter is major purpose...

Zoom tying...sounds interesting if it is about teaching and discussions...logistics need to be sorted like what time is best across the board!!!!!

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

I already saw announcements about the British Fly Fair early next year. I don’t know if I would go of I was invited

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Planning on the Denver Show In January 2021 and hoping like heck for a vaccine before then. Hate missing my extended family there!!! hoping for the best for 2021

Jeff

Return to “General discussion”