Types of ferrules

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

RalphieJoeKool

Types of ferrules

Post by RalphieJoeKool »

This is probably going to sound like blasphemy but I'm wondering if someone makes a Bamboo rod with other than metal or tape splice ferrules . Something like a tip over butt like glass rods or spigots ?
Thank you .

Tim Anderson
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Types of ferrules

Post by Tim Anderson »

I hope it isn't blasphemy because I have been making carbon-fiber spigot-tube ferrules for years. Here is a link with some information: http://www.gespliesste.ch/en/gathering- ... tures.html. The top item shows how my ferrules are made.

Tim

Tim Anderson
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tim Anderson »

I should have mentioned that other makers of composite ferrules include Mario Wojnicki and Masaki Takemoto (fiberglass ferrules) and Bob Clay (carbon-fiber ferrules). A search of the forum will provide information about several others who make composite ferrules.

Tim

WiFlyFisher
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by WiFlyFisher »

Tim,

It was great seeing and casting your bamboo fly rods with your carbon-fiber spigot-tube ferrules. Beautifully done and very innovative.

John

Tim Anderson
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tim Anderson »

John,

Thanks. It was a pleasure meeting and talking to you.

Tim

RalphieJoeKool

Post by RalphieJoeKool »

Thank you for all your help .

Return to “General discussion”