Argentina ?

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

DaveV
Sport

Argentina ?

Post by DaveV »

I have been invited to fish Argentina. Have any of you fished it before ? Any advice is welcome. Thanks Dave V

brooktrout boy
Sport

Re: Argentina ?

Post by brooktrout boy »

Practice casting into the wind!

bvandeuson
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bvandeuson »

You might e-mail the guys at Hunter Banks in Asheville, NC. They should be able to tell you what you need and what to expect. Ask for Shane and tell him Big Bruce said to give you the straight skinny. The owner runs a guide service in Argentina, and lives there during the Argentine summer (winter here). http://www.hunterbanks.com/

From the video I've seen from these guys, the fish are impressive. Not just trout, but Dorado too. I've not fished for them, but Dorado have only one speed...wide open.

BB

epa2011

Post by epa2011 »

Hi, I'm from Argentina.
Our Patagonia has the best rivers (Rio Chimehuin is Mel Krieger favorite) and lakes to fish all Salmonidaes from 1 to 33 lb at dreamlike natural areas.
In other regions of the country more temperate you can fish fresh water species like Odontesthes_bonariensis, Salminus brasiliensis (great fighter), Hoplias malabaricus, Rhaphiodon vulpinus, Myleus pacu, Pseudoplatystoma and a lot of saltwater species at our coast in the atlantic ocean...
You can see some of those named fishes on my facebook (facebook.com/eduspalma) and instagram (eduspalma).
Have a nice day!

Carlos Mcfarlain

Post by Carlos Mcfarlain »

Hi! I'm from Mendoza, a beautiful city in Argentina. You can find many cool things not only in the capital of our country.
So many people ask: Is edubirdie.com reliable? The answer is yes. We provide top quality and adorable rates.

Return to “General discussion”