2019 Bozeman Bamboo Gathering - Save the Date

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Boise Bamboo
Guide

Re: 2019 Bozeman Bamboo Gathering - Save the Date

Post by Boise Bamboo »

I am planning to attend. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Don

Rio Grand King
Guide

Post by Rio Grand King »

Damnit, despite being the world's biggest introvert I'm going to attend this time.
“The things that I loved were very frail. Very fragile. I didn't know that. I thought they were indestructible. They weren't.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

One month and counting! :)

GMflyf1sh
Guide

Post by GMflyf1sh »

I will be driving over from Baker Montana - find that fine city on the map

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Heck man you're in the county seat of Fallon county and you are a hardly a stones throw from the Medicine rocks, and my favorite turkey hunting in the state if you follow that lucky highway. Looking forward to meeting you!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

PT48
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PT48 »

A highly recommended event. Sorry, can't make it this year, off to NZ. Best wishes to all.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Just a week away! :)

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Really looking forward to it! cant wait to cast some more fine cane...
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

pgwulf
Guide

Post by pgwulf »

I'll be bringing a few cane rods for folks to cast: Sweetgrass, Yerxa, Weir, Schaaf, Howells

(and some glass)
"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend...inside a dog, it's too dark to read!" Groucho Marx

dustdog12
Guide

Post by dustdog12 »

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, this is one of my favorite days of the year.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

That was a fun morning. I wish I could have stayed longer but we had to hit the road.
Last edited by PYochim on 09/08/19 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Great time again this year, good company and some very fine cane to cast. Some of my favorites of the day were an E.C. Powell 8' 4wt which I was truly sad to see packed away after casting it at least 4 separate times. What a treat to cast and like an old friend the first time I picked it up. Also an RK Bolt rod 8'6 for a 6wt. That was one amazing powerhouse of a cane rod, if not for the trees behind me I believe I could have just kept shooting that line straight across town. Also a couple rods for a fellow from Fl who doesn't make rods to sell just makes them for friends. And let me tell you he makes a great rod! His 8' 4wt and 5wt were pure magic. And well everything form 7' 3wts to a 9'6" 9wt just put a smile on my face. Thanks to everyone who put it together this year!

16pmd
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 16pmd »

The fellow from Florida was Jack Coyle. His rods are among the finest made today - in the same casting league as his friends Per Brandin and Leon Hanson and other fine hollow builders. He has also been known for his high quality restorations so his rods are very attractive as well.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

I agree with 16pmd. Jack Coyle rules! His restoration work is top shelf. His 8' 3/2 4wt. was probably the finest casting 4wt. I had ever had in my hands. Except for maybe Al Talbot's 8' 1/1 4wt. :)

bigskybum
Master Guide

Post by bigskybum »

Many thanks to all who joined us on this initially rainy day. It has become quite clear to me that this annual gathering has evolved into something more like a family reunion than a simple assembly of people with a common interest in fine fly fishing gear. I for one feel most fortunate to have this chance to renew acquaintances, catch up with old friends and meet new ones, all sharing appreciation for some of the best of what life in this very special place has meant to us all.

Stay in touch, be well, tight lines, and look forward to seeing you all again next year!

-Steve

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Yep, I was trying to avoid dropping names. Jack seems like a genuinely nice guy and man that 8' 4wt was just amazing. Effortless, smooth, beautiful, I could heap on more adjectives here. The nicest casting rod at this years rodeo IMO. I asked for a website, I asked for a business card, but he doesn't sell em. Now I can add another item to the improbable list along with my 1955 300sl and a 6' Payne...

Tim Anderson
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tim Anderson »

Jack not only seems to be a nice guy, he really is one. I love it that he, like I, gives rods to people pretty much on whim. He is going to make me one and I won't reveal my secret method of arranging that!

Yes, the gathering was fun. My wife, I, and our skinny dog arrived a bit late, but greatly enjoyed being there.

Tim

Bob G
Guide

Post by Bob G »

Just like last year, this year's Gathering was a wonderful opportunity to renew friendships and cast some magnificent fly rods. Thank you to each and everyone that made me feel so welcome.

I would simply like to add that IMHO the magic in Tim Anderson's work was the top joy of my day.

Best Regards, Bob

ffftroutbum
Master Guide

Post by ffftroutbum »

Thanks Steven and Bill for putting it on again. Fun was had by all. I will echo Bob’s comments, Tim’s work always amazes me. Thanks again fellas!

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Hey guys, any pictures or video's so we guys living too far from Bozeman can enjoy the gathering too? :)

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”