Catskill Fly Fishing Center honors Bob Taylor

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Tom Smithwick
Master Guide

Catskill Fly Fishing Center honors Bob Taylor

Post by Tom Smithwick »

The Center's Hall of Fame dinner will be held at the Rockland House in Roscoe, NY on 11/8/2019. This year's inductee is Bob Taylor. It is entirely fitting that he is being so honored, because for years he has produced some of the most elegant fly rods ever made in the Catskill region.
He began his career after being hired at Leonard by Hap Mills as a very young man, and also put in time with Thomas and Thomas before striking out on his own.
You can read more and purchase tickets here:
https://cffcm.com/news/2019/10/10/hall- ... ylor-nov-8
All of us who are involved with bamboo would like to see a big show of support for Bobby, who has been an important source of inspiration for the rod making community. If you can possibly attend, please consider doing so.

upstate
Master Guide

Re: Catskill Fly Fishing Center honors Bob Taylor

Post by upstate »

It will be an honor to attend. Bob made this 7 1/2 3pc 4wt.with apple wood reel seat about 15 years ago for me .A delight to fish with.

Tom Mason.

Downtowntrout

Post by Downtowntrout »

Please, if you will, buy tickets in advance and give a meal choice.
We need to give the Rockland house dinner orders and a head count.
Lets make this a great event for Bobby!!!!!
Thanks.

bob2935
Master Guide

Post by bob2935 »

Really enjoyed seeing Bob inducted in the Catskill Hall of fame. No one is more deserving of the honor but do wonder why it took so long especially when you look at some of the more irrelevant and obscure past inductees.

The Arts of the Angler show the following day was well attended and there was some very tempting items for sale. Thanks to the Center for putting on such a nice event for Bob Taylor. His level of modesty and down to earth manner is refreshing. Also love his work as I own three of his rods. Wish I had more.

Bohemian Bob

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

bob2935 wrote: No one is more deserving of the honor but do wonder why it took so long especially when you look at some of the more irrelevant and obscure past inductees.
My thoughts, too.

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”