...>BambooBash20 Central<...

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

BrookieFish

Re: ...>BambooBash20 Central<...

Post by BrookieFish »

Man! just my luck of the draw! last year my wife's family booked a reunion the same weekend. My Wife and I had a vacation to Gatlinburg booked for September. Due to our house being particularly rebuilt from a house fire in August we had to rebook the trip. I rebooked it for the week of this event! We moved back in the first of month and just now thought about booking a campsite! Maybe I can talk her into coming to the cook out. Iching to cast some bamboo!

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Hey BF!
Timing is the art of life and its hard to get the timing right with only four April weekends...
If you find it available, the Grill-out at Metcalf Bottoms is a great time for a Bash visit. Thursday 23Apr will be a great kickoff and Feast, with the reliable 'R&R Deli' offerings taking center stage. Some of the 'pot luck' entries themselves are worth the journey too! (hey Vern!!)
I really hope y'all can find Spring Travel Space in your schedule!

An annual Spring rite here in Charleston is the Southeast Wildlife Expo (SEWE), in full swing this weekend with an extra 40K visitors in town. (oh, the parking! . . . .) Here's link to this wide-ranging celebration of all things wild and sporting:
https://sewe.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqe ... gI7vvD_BwE
This regional event is now in its 38th year and is a multi-venue, whole family event and always a good time.
Featured at SEWE this year is an Orvis (corporate-sponsored) Casting Lawn event on the turf fronting the Gaillard Center. I couldn't resist the chance to spy on how a big-time tackle company would host such an event and see the trappings and features that big-time corporate planning and budget can bring to a Casting Lawn event. Maybe I could learn something useful for the BambooBash??
What I learned is:
The SEWE Orvis casting program, of course, featured graphite rods, big arbor reels and all-Orvis lines. And had plenty of staff on hand to facilitate getting a rod & line into the correct hands. Some of the participants were downright charming:
Image Image But, in terms of equipment or programming,
(and besides T-shirts, hats and other O-merch) the set-up was rather spare.

But I did gain an expanded appreciation for the advantage expanded elbow room and better rod storage on the Lawn can give, and our planned move of the Bash venue to the bigger lawn a few yards away behind the old Docks building I think will serve us well. (And BTW, they too have issues with leader management!) Our focus (obsession?) with vintage cane and the depth of LineLab comparison offerings made possible by LineBoss Doug puts this Bash activity in a truly unique spot. The Bash Casting Lawn really is a 'Golden Opportunity'.

Hope y'all can find time for a visit BrookieFish!
Bring the family and a rod or two to line-test, and maybe some pot-luck!!
paul
Last edited by tunafart on 02/23/20 17:24, edited 2 times in total.

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

One of the great things about the Bamboo Bash is all of the different wonderful bamboo rods we get to cast and all of the different lines we get to try! This year, I will be bringing rods built from several classic tapers, such as Payne, Dickerson and Garrison...I will also have several light line rods (2 & 3 weights) of my own design for people to cast. I know that Jim (Kentucky Jim) is bringing multiple classic taper rods as well as some very long and powerful distance casting tapers to try. The plan is to set a new bash record for distance! So, if you have ever wanted to try a bamboo rod or just want to come and try out tapers that you may want to build in the future, this is the place to be! Look forward to seeing everyone in April! Munsey

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Luckily, there was a cancellation of the Riverfront Cabin at Docks, and Karen let me know about it, so Joan and I will be there from the 21st to the 28th. We were staying at Riverstone just down the road, but as soon as I made the reservation at Riverstone, the cabin at Docks opened up. It will be nice to stay right on the river. Now all we have to do is get through the 1,100 mile drive from Vermont. How about a recording of War and Peace?? Cheers, Jed
Fefferfly

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Bringing you a '55 Midge for you Jed. I'll have countless lines for you to test as well.

We'll try to find a few new books to exchange.

Safe travels.

Doug

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks Doug. Looking forward to it all. Love to try that Midge! Best, Jed
Fefferfly

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Hello fellas -
It is with a heavy heart that I will close with this note, ask Ralph to close the thread,
and announce in a new post that ….. Bash20 has been cancelled.
Please return to the 'Gatherings' sub-forum and take up the new post, 'Notice: . . .'
for details on the cancellation.
Your comments and replies on the 'Notice' thread are welcome, as always my friends.

Paul
Charleston SC

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”