BambooBash21 _Apr2021_ is Cancelled

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

tunafart
Master Guide

BambooBash21 _Apr2021_ is Cancelled

Post by tunafart »

To our Friends, with regrets -
After several long discussions, the BashMaster board has reached a final consensus
that in consideration of the epic & ongoing public health emergency we are facing,
our annual BambooBash spring gathering in Townsend TN should not be held this year.
............... Yes, sadly, BambooBash21 is hereby officially cancelled.

For the record (because I know y'all have access to the same facts), the BashMasters have concluded
that it would be irresponsible, to say the least, to host our friends to a highly festive multi-day event like the Bash
in respectful consideration of:
.... - C19's dreadful virulence,
..........- the close-set nature of Bash social activities like the Casting Lane and Grill-out,
................- and ...hmm... the 'experienced demographic' of the Bash participants.

And yes, we have all been closely following the encouraging roll-out of vaccines that, eventually, will make this wildfire disease manageable.
But sober research warns that this wildfire is rather unlikely to fade to a confident low-level by spring 2021.
Not enough for our kind of event ... dammit.

With this early announcement perhaps y'all will have opportunity to plan a more appropriate spring21 outing,
and maybe Sharon at Docks, bless her heart, can better consider her spring season business options, and thereby remain in business in April 2022.
You all are certainly welcome to pursue your own schedules this year, at Docks, GSMNP or anywhere you will feel safe and fulfilled.
But we cannot in good conscience meet this coming spring at Docks under the banner of the BambooBash.

I made an optimistic mistake this past March by promising a Bash cancellation for 'only this year'...
Well, I won't repeat that goof again, but please know it is always our goal to keep your safety and welfare well within casting range.
We do this only to ensure a BambooBash22.

Your comments, as always, are welcome.
Stay safe my friends,
Paul Hinchcliff
Charleston SC

narcodog
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: BambooBash21 _Apr2021_ is Cancelled

Post by narcodog »

I fully understand Paul. Just last week I was looking at my reservations for the Bash and wondering if it was going to be held. At present time I'm going to hold on to the reservation and see what transpires as I should be getting my vaccination in the next two weeks.

flyrod
Guide

Post by flyrod »

Paul,

Based on the ongoing number of COVID 19 cases, cancelling the 2021 Bamboo Bash is the wise call to make! Sadly I'll be moving my reservation at Docks to April 2022 :'(

Everyone stay safe and well until we can all get together again in 2022 :)

All the Best, Stan Norton (flyrod)

PS: Come BambooBash22, the first round of brown water is on me :pipe

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Once again, a tough decision had to be made. I think for the health and safety of us all it was a wise one! This is a very special event for me and I look forward to 2022! I am changing my reservation today. Best, Munsey

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Paul,

Thank you for your generous efforts with the Bash. I feel postponing is a wise decision. We're lucky to have you!

My immediate family has had C19 (Tested and treated August 2020). For some of us it was a 'non-event', for one it was quite serious. Sadly, we lost a family friend on New Years to C19. He was a prime example of the Bash demographic and seemed to be in good health before getting infected. As much as I yearn (and need!) to spend a week with the Bashers, I'd be devastated if one of us fell ill because of our gathering.

Wishing you all good health in 2021,

Doug

kentuckyjim
Guide

Post by kentuckyjim »

I know that for many of our group and myself, the bash is the highlight of my year. I will definitely be vaccinated and ready for 2022.
Thanks to Paul and all who shared in making this very difficult decision. It’s for the best I know.
Thank goodness we have this forum to stay in contact! Feel free to contact me anytime you feel the urge to talk rods or fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jvh
Master Guide

Post by jvh »

This is disappointing but understandable. So many things got canceled in 2020 I was really looking forward to it. Looking forward to 2022.
Vern

16parachuteadams
Master Guide

Post by 16parachuteadams »

This is the best decision you could have come up with given the situation. Currently Blount County is having a 31% positive rate on testing, very not good. I'll look forward to seeing ya'll next year and maybe this one for the intrepid among us. Good decision guys.

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

A loud Amen to the foregoing inputs. Its unfortunate that we're having this situation, but it would be far more unfortunate if we inadvertently contributed to the toll. Basye and i may use our reservation if we get our vaccinations in time. Cheers to all and have a safe and wonderful 2021!

Ralph

wctc1
Master Guide

Post by wctc1 »

I knew there was a reason to go to Tennessee. Please put me on your email list for 2022. Joe here

wctc1@comcast.net Many thanks.

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks Paul for the update. Very wise decision. I just made Joan and my reservation for 2022. Will they be the 21st-24th?? Karen just called me. Bless her heart. I hope they manage the business through 2021. Hope to see everyone in April 2022. Blessings, Jed
Fefferfly

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Good to hear from you Jed!. And Glad to hear you & Joan are maintainin'.
I think Docks is doing its required 'due-diligence' regarding their spring21 reservation schedule
in light of our recent event cancellation. I just got a follow-up call from them myself.

In this morning's conversation I made the Royal Decision of describing to Karen the dates for BASH22
as 21-23Apr2022, that's Thur - Sat. She will gladly take your reservation for that time now,
and will forward any deposits you may currently have to those dates. I have made mine, and by gum, intend to be there!

Please let me take this chance to restate that our recent Bash21 cancellation announcement (sigh ...)
is for our group event only, and that your individual reservation arrangements with Docks, or elsewhere,
are your own decision and responsibility. Please let Docks know if your plans to use those reservations have changed
with this year's cancellation. They are trying to fill those room dates, and thereby, stay in business for the future. That's a Good Thing.
So, DOCKS MOTEL: 865/448.2234, ask for Karen and mention the 'Bash', she'll know ya. 'Nuff said.

Hang in there fellas! Stay safe!
paul
charleston sc

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks Paul for that info. Blessings, Jed
Fefferfly

tabrods406
Guide

Post by tabrods406 »

Got a call from Karen this morning switching our reservation to 2022. It was early in the morning, the dogs and I were still snoozing and it took me about 30 seconds to realize who was calling. She forgot the time change! I was glad to get the call however and Alexis and I will be at the '22 Bash....

Tom

kentuckyjim
Guide

Post by kentuckyjim »

i got my covid 19 vaccination this morning. i guess bamboo rod makers are essential workers here in Kentucky. Who knew?? Even with the bash canceled,
I am rethinking about cancelling my reservations. With two shots of vaccine and a couple months months of developing immunity it might be worth a
visit to the smokies.beautiful scenery, bear cubs, and good fishing especially with all the good fishermen socially distanced at home. i may even make up
a few 6' rods to help with maintaining social distancing. stay safe and get the vaccine as soon as you can. it will raise your spirits and help you to
believe we may find the light at the end of the tunnel.

mhill

Post by mhill »

Ok, made my reservation for the 2022 bash. But Karen said that some bamboo guys were still gonna show up this year. Was wondering if so. I'd like to take a trip to the east and meet up with bamboo makers and aficionados.
Life's a party and I'm the pinata!

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Bash officers are planning to meet to discuss 2022. No activities/programs etc., just a working session. Hope to see you wonderful folks in 2022!!!

Ralph (czkid)

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”