Catskill Rodmakers Gathering 2021

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

reidrods
Guide

Re: Catskill Rodmakers Gathering 2021

Post by reidrods »

Any word on the Catskill Gathering this year? Any pictures? Roscoe Motel Porch stories? This was the first Gathering Kim and I missed in 27 years and we're suffering withdrawal! Help!

Willis

RSalar
Guide

Post by RSalar »

I took a bunch of pics— I’ll post some when I get a chance. Hopefully whoever took the group picture will post it. It was a good event — the planned sessions were interesting but the best part is always meeting and talking to like minded people.
Testimony is like an arrow shot from a long-bow; the force of it depends on the strength of the hand that draws it. Argument is like an arrow from a cross-bow, which has equal force though shot by a child.” Bacon.

RSalar
Guide

Post by RSalar »

I have many more but don’t have time right now to post. I snapped a group photo while the official photographer was getting his camera ready;

Testimony is like an arrow shot from a long-bow; the force of it depends on the strength of the hand that draws it. Argument is like an arrow from a cross-bow, which has equal force though shot by a child.” Bacon.

reidrods
Guide

Post by reidrods »

RSalar,

Thank you very much for the photos. They are the first we've seen.
Sent you a p.m

Willis

RSalar
Guide

Post by RSalar »

These are the rods that were entered in the Demarest challenge— 7 foot 1 piece 4 weights. I tried a few. Does anyone know who entered the penta?

Tom Smithwick
Master Guide

Post by Tom Smithwick »

Both I and the people doing the casting were impressed with the overall quality of the rods in the challenge this year. The scores were very tightly grouped, with some rods better at accuracy, and others excelling at distance, but all very pleasant to cast. The competition was won, I would say, by those rods that exhibited the best balance between accuracy and distance, which is how it should be with a 7 foot 4 weight.
First place went to Kyle Letsche, second to Brian Greer, and third to Bob Nunn. I have the score sheets, and can provide details to any entrant who wants the exact numbers.
I have already had a couple good suggestions for next year's rod, and am open to more. We do like to announce next year's rod in the Fall to give everyone interested ample time to pick a design and build the rod. Contact me via PM here with suggestions.
My special thanks to the casters for their expertise, Royal Wulff for their continued support with the lines, and Orvis, who this year supplied the leaders.
We were extremely lucky with the weather this year. It was great to see those who could attend and get a taste of normal times, even though we are not quite there yet. Let's hope for more progress, and a better year to come.

upstate
Master Guide

Post by upstate »

The gathering was a complete success. Well done to the organizers and the museum for all their efforts. Good to see people we have not seen in a couple of years. The event schedule was out standing . My thanks to all the presenters. My only complaint!!!! Too much food but it was excellent. The events ,,the gathering, 6 hardy meals,all the beer and soda , the auction, the camaraderie ,the vendors with quality merchandise and the Demarest competition I don't know how they can do it for the price charged. I even bought a bucket lister rod I have wanted for 25 years. We should do this twice a year.

Tom

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Caneghost »

I just stopped in for a visit after the presentations concluded on Sunday. I did get to cast the winning rod and was very impressed. I simply have to attend the gathering next year, even if I'm not a rod maker. I am interested and I love to test them!
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”