Bend, OR...grass and glass gathering 2021 SEP 10-12

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

canesterdf
Master Guide

Re: Bend, OR...grass and glass gathering 2021

Post by canesterdf »

I would be interested and can pass the word to a few more interested cane enthusiasts. Thank you for getting this underway. I have been active in restoration and collecting cane rods for quite awhile and would enjoy seeing everyone again. Some of us go back a lot of years to the Camp Sherman shows at the community center. Keep us posted and again many thanks, Paul

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

Well…have another trout spey and a Heddon 50 taper for you guys to amuse yourselves with! Experimenting with different grips.

WRONG20

Post by WRONG20 »

I look forward to attending this event…awaiting further details!

THX.

cascader

Post by cascader »

Mark--Great idea. I live in Bend and can be your local contact for campgrounds, fishing opportunities, breweries, bail bondsmen, etc.
Ward 541-408-1564

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

Thanks Ward, as we get closer, I will probably be taking you up on help...especially breweries....

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

I'm looking forward to it.

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

In a couple more weeks, I'll try to hammer down what presentations might be available and a little idea as to the number of people that might be joining us. Just a reminder, this is very informal but should be a lot of fun and informative at the same time. It might be fun to have a little casting competition...I'm sure we can come up with some worthwhile prizes. Pray for no fires. Hope you all stay safe.

bruce howell
Sport

Post by bruce howell »

Thank you for your efforts in putting this event together. I am planning to attend. Been playing with bamboo for a few years. Looking forward to seeing folks and talking rods and associated topics. Thanks again,

MikeBaker

Post by MikeBaker »

New/returning member and would love to join in on the fun. I made a reservation at Smiling River for the weekend now I’m just hoping the shop gets th new roof on my trailer by then, gonna be tight. Not a maker, yet, but have been building rods awhile and working on bamboo rods quite a bit. Look forward to meeting everyone. Mike

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

Okay....it's probably time to start getting things a little more organized as far as any presentations if anyone is interested in giving one. I'll try and spread them out so as many people as possible can enjoy them depending on the number. Since this is not an official event but just a 'friendly gathering' of grass and glass fly fishers...it will be rather 'free flowing'.
Please let me know if you can speak or do a demonstration and what you might need that you can't supply yourself.
Also....those interested in maybe doing a 'tailgate' style potluck on one of the evenings and wanted to show off some of your cooking...please also chime in. I might need someone to help organize some of this.
Thanks all...
Mark
I'll be arriving at the campground very late Thur Sept 9 and leaving Sun Sept 12. I'm sure we will be really good guests so if we want to use this venue again it will be an option.

MikeBaker

Re: Bend, OR...grass and glass gathering 2021 SEP 10-12

Post by MikeBaker »

Hi, any follow up on this get together? I’ve tried to message but can’t seem to get anything to go. Still interested, still hoping my trailer roof is repaired by then, any word? Mike

wctc1
Master Guide

Post by wctc1 »

Also, Mark, what campsites do you have reserved? Thank you, Joe

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

I have three campsites 002,008, and 009. There are still a couple sites available last time I checked.

Scarfed Mind
Sport

Post by Scarfed Mind »

Here is a link to the air quality conditions in Oregon. Currently there are still warnings East of the Cascades. Hoping that will change in a few weeks.

https://oregonsmoke.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... ttent.html

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

Thanks for the link. If I'm reading it correctly, looks like the Bend area is still 'good'. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Dave Dozer
Guide

Post by Dave Dozer »

Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to seeing some of you on the Metolius River in a few weeks. Mary Ann and I will be in Campsite #15 on Friday and Saturday nights.

For those of you worried about the smoke over here in Eastern Oregon, it's really been hit-or-miss lately. Yesterday was totally clear here in Sisters all day until about 5:00 PM and some smoke rolled in. But, this morning, it is a gorgeous day with no smoke anywhere here at my house. Watching the air quality warning announcements are great, but things can change locally very quickly when/if the wind shifts directions. There are no significant fires that I'm aware of here in the Bend/Sisters area at this time.

Dave Dozer

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Sounds like great fun

Jay

Scarfed Mind
Sport

Post by Scarfed Mind »

Expected to last until at least Monday afternoon

PORTLAND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality extended an air quality advisory Wednesday for several more days for Jackson, Klamath and parts of Deschutes counties due to smoke from wildfires in the Oregon Cascades.

DEQ said it expects the air quality advisory to last until at least Monday afternoon.

DEQ spokeswoman Laura Gleim said the advisory in Deschutes County was mostly for the central and southern parts of the county, between Bend and La Pine.

"Sisters and Redmond have mostly stayed out of the smoke plume," Gleim said. It's "possible it could spread intermittently into other areas, but we don't expect it to be persistent."

The E::Space Labs air quality readings map on KTVZ's weather page Wednesday morning showed "Unhealthy" readings in La Pine and Sunriver, as well as Lava and Elk Lakes, "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" and Moderate in the Bend area and Good air quality to the north.
https://ktvz.com/news/deschutes-county/ ... more-days/

Keeping fingers crossed. Since I have paid for a campsite and have no respiratory issues, I will go unless the warnings become dire. I can always head in a smoke free direction if things get out of hand. Hopefully that will not be necessary. Having lived a decade in Ashland, I know how bad the smoke can get. It would not be pleasant to be outside the entire time. Hopefully it will be no worse than what Dave has reported - intermittent.

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

Thanks for updates.
I also plan on attending unless the smoke got crazy bad. I'll let Dave Dozer advise me if it's simply too unhealthy to come down....I'm luckily pretty healthy....at least physically : ).
We'll definitely raise a toast to the firefighters and first responders.

piscator54

Post by piscator54 »

I’ll be there with some glass rods to check out. In campsite 007. I’m up for sharing some food one evening, probably Saturday. Anxious to drool over some well crafted bamboos rods. 😉

Cheers!

Terry Turner
Terry’ Custom Rods

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”