Vermont gathering

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

kimk
Bamboo Fanatic

Vermont gathering

Post by kimk »

Last years Vermont gathering was canceled due to the medical state of the world. BUT -- it is now a new year.
The Vermont Bamboo gathering will be Sept. 10th-->12th.
The "Other fisherman from Vermont" and I will be camping at "Camping on the Battenkill" in Arlington which will serve as a gathering place and the place where we can cast rods on their playground. The sort of official dining spot is "Clancys" just up the road from camp.
In the past the AMFF has been kind enough to host us for some behind the scenes exposure to some wonderful artifacts and I hope they will be able to do so again. And, naturally a stop by Orvis and a chance to cast some of their rods.
Previous gatherings, we cast rods on the camp playground Fri. and Sat. afternoons and I would expect we will do so again.
And of course there is fishing in the Battenkill. Hard fishing, easy wading and stunningly beautiful. Camp is only a few minutes from the NY stretch so folks with a NY license can fish that with their current license.
Family members not particularly interested in bamboo will find no end of nice shops, scenery, and museums.
I will be camping and if anyone else would like to camp, I recommend you make reservations soon.
For those who prefer a roof over their head, there is a seemingly endless number of motels, hotels, B&B's, lodges etc. It is after Labor day so rooms should be available but even post season things can get busy.
For early birds, I will be in camp on Thursday the 9th. I will have a campfire going in the evenings and anyone who would like to join in is welcome. Bring a folding chair if you have one.

I hope to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Kim AgMD

theantiquematinee

Re: Vermont gathering

Post by theantiquematinee »

Hello!

I have recently moved back to New England and would like to attend this event if is still on schedule to happen?

Regards
Seth

kimk
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by kimk »

Yes! It is a month away so I haven't heard any commitments, but I will be there as will The Other Fisherman From Vt.
Uncertain as to whether the AMFF will be able to participate. Their curator has recently retired, much deserved BTW, and they really don't have anyone who can put together any sort of a presentation.

Hope to see you there
AgMD

theantiquematinee

Post by theantiquematinee »

Sounds good!

kimk
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by kimk »

Well boys and girls -- Labor Day has come and gone and for many that means summer is over -- but for bamboo folks in the SW Vt. region we still have a gathering.
We will be in camp Thursday and folks are welcome to stop by to play with rods and share the campfire. Saturday will be the big day with casting on the lawn at the campground. We might also take a trip to Orvis and AMFF. The schedule will depend on what folks want to do.
The Battenkill is at a perfect water level for fishing and the weather promises to be delightful. We are right on the cusp of fall fishing which on the Battenkill can be great fun. I will be happy to recommend stretches of water to folks who are new to the river.

AgMD

kimk
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by kimk »

Also -- if you are not camping, when you stop by the camp office -- tell them you are with the bamboo rod group and they will waive the $5 day fee.
AgMD

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Predicting a great time for all. Memories from 2019, here's David S., Rupert, and Bruce H.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Sorry I missed it this year! My schedule didn't permit it. But, I missed the gang, and the location! Thanks to kimk for hosting again.

Rupert

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”