Catskill Summerfest Impressions?

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

bob2935
Master Guide

Catskill Summerfest Impressions?

Post by bob2935 »

Hi I like to go the the Summerfest every year but could not attend this year. Wondering if it was worthwhile and what were the numbers like. Thought it was a good idea not to make it a two day event as the second day was always poorly attended and half the vendors seemed to leave after Saturday.

thanks bohemianbob

reelsmith
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Catskill Summerfest Impressions?

Post by reelsmith »

The turn out was better than I expected.

The pavilion and field were full of vendors and there were lots of shoppers. I saw lots of great tackle. High grade rods (Payne, Halstead, Leonard, Granger, etc), lots of great reels (Hardy, vom Hofe, Walker, Zwarg, etc.) and an interesting assortment of odds and ends.

Thankfully, the weather cooperated. I agree, its better as a one day show.

Dean.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

I attended as a shopper rather than a vendor. I kind of wish I had set up a table. Nice smaller group and the whole thing felt more focused. So great to see Dean and so many other folks. I've been missing you all. I hope to make it back next year with a table or two.

And yes, a very impressive array of tackle this year!!

PK

upstate
Master Guide

Post by upstate »

Having attended most of the Catskill Museums past Summerfests I have to say that this ranks up there with the best of all of them. Great crowd attended the gathering ,the sun shined during the afternoon,the vendors did an outstanding job of presenting there items for sale and sales were brisk. High quality all the way around. Events were top notch. Agnes Van Puts birthday party well received and attended .Ted Rogowski memorial and showing of his Catskill Fly Fishing time line exhibit is something that all appreciated. A last toast (Newcastle Ale) and cast to Dave Brandt brought tears to many an eye. Concession and beer sales provided,art exhibit ,casting instructions and fly tier in the museum all added to the flavor of the day. Hats off to the museums, staff and volunteers for a job well done! To those who did not attend you missed out on this one.

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”