West Branch Classic fly festival

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Expsp4043
Sport

West Branch Classic fly festival

Post by Expsp4043 »

Did anyone attend the gathering in Stilesville, N.Y. on Sat. or Sun? I was there and a little disappointed that there wasn't more vendors! Nice show otherwise in a really nice venue!

C.Seidner

Re: West Branch Classic fly festival

Post by C.Seidner »

I was there and for a first time show it was amazing. Great venue and great vendors, awesome instructional schedule, looking forward to next year.
What can Possibly go wrong????

Tommasini
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tommasini »

I was there with Jerry Girard on Saturday. Nice weather, beautiful area. Not as many vendors as I expected but it was an enjoyable time.

reelsmith
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by reelsmith »

I agree, it is a great venue and I thought it was a wonderful show that offered much more than just vendors. An auspicious start to what I hope becomes an annual event.

Dean.

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Caneghost »

The event was nice, well organized and well attended on Saturday. A shame Sunday's weather was poor.
I wish them good things for the future. It would be nice to see more classic tackle dealers gathered, but we still have to get out from beneath the shadow of Covid for everyone to feel safe I think. These are still questionable times.

Overall it was great to have such a gathering here in the Catskills!
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

lestrout1
Guide

Post by lestrout1 »

I enjoyed it a lot, and especially since there have been no shows for 18 mos. I came away with a nice stick, a couple of neat reels, a couple of lines including a silk and a bunch of great hackle from Dave Brandt's estate. Also some needed (?) tying supplies. Weather was perfect and the presentations stellar. Enjoyed putting a few more faces to names, and especially glad to see some old pals.

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”