Heddon steel fly rod

History of the Heddon Rod Co. Feel free to discuss Heddon Rods here.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

shooter

Heddon steel fly rod

Post by shooter »

I have a steel Heddon fly rod that belonged to my late dad and I'm going to donate it to a little museum and I was wondering what it might be worth. It was new in 1943 and I think it's a six-weight. It is in almost new condition and in the original case. I have a copy of the 1942-43 Heddon catalog and the rod was priced at $38.

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Heddon steel fly rod

Post by fishnbanjo »

Hello shooter and welcome. Unfortunately steel rods get very little attention. If you were looking to sell it or get a value estimate I'd search eBay to see if any Heddon Steel Fly Rods show up, I would think the only real interest would be by a diehard Heddon collector, if I were to take a SWAG my guess would be it's worth about what it sold for originally, good luck.

shooter

Heddon steel fly rod

Post by shooter »

Thanks, I was just curious. I'm not going to sell it, I'm going to donate it. It has more value to the lady who owns the museum. It was her great-grandfather who gave it to my dad. Her great-grandfather was a well known businessman in this area in the old days.

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Heddon steel fly rod

Post by fishnbanjo »

As a display item it has more significance even historically speaking, nice gesture on your part as well.

Return to “James Heddon & Sons Rods”