Need information on Montague Fly Rod

History of the Montague Rod Co. Feel free to discuss Montague Rods here.

Moderators: MontyMan, Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Desertwind

Need information on Montague Fly Rod

Post by Desertwind »

This is all rather over whelming to me I have never posted in a forum like this before so please if I'm doing something wrong excuse me and kindly tell me so thank you. I have a Montague I believe it's a Rapidan and its in quite good condition. There are 3 pieces. It looks to me like there are 2 pieces and an extra rod. My husband passed away last year and he was 91. He has owned this rod most of his adult life. I do have pictures I can post. I am interested in selling it After I get an idea of its value. If I'm not allowed to make statements about selling on here, please forgive me. I would like to get more information on it, I would appreciate it. One collector looked at it he offered me from $40.00 to $100.00 in an hour and a half over the phone. I declined all offers till I obtained more information. Thank you.

shoaliedude
Guide

Re: Need information on Montague Fly Rod

Post by shoaliedude »

Post pictures in the identification and appraisals sub forum

If you can't figure out how to do that, repost your question in that forum. However, you need to list the lengths of the three pieces. Your husband's rod is either a two piece rod with an extra tip section or a three piece rod without a tip section. The total length when assembled matters with price

The quote of 40-100 is a good estimate. It might be worth 50% more if it is a 7 1/2 foot, two piece rod. Condition matters greatly.

There are many, many Rapidans in existence and they are considered to be in the middle quality range of Montague rods

Desertwind

Re: Need information on Montague Fly Rod

Post by Desertwind »

Thank you so much for the information. I will definitely try to post to the other forum.

Return to “Montague Rod & Reel Co.”