Wright & McGill fiberglass rod

History of the Wright and McGill Co. Feel free to discuss Wright and McGill Co. Rods here.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Tom Powers
Sport

Wright & McGill fiberglass rod

Post by Tom Powers »

I hope this qualifies as a classic rod even if it isn't bamboo. I recently bought a Wright & McGill "Denco" 8ft glass fly rod with the No. MB8A8 on it for friends and family to use up north. It has green wrappings which, I think, indicates it was made in the early 1960s. I've read they were pretty good for being cheaply made. I'd like to know if it's worth more than the few bucks I paid for it and the Martin 60 reel that came with it. More importantly, I'd like some advice on the best way, or product to remove the years of built up grime off the fiberglass.

Thanks
Tom Powers

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Wright & McGill fiberglass rod

Post by Canewrap »

I know this forum is labeled the classic fly rod forum, but you will get much better information from the fiberglass flyrodders forum http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/
Everyone over here discusses bamboo fly rods for the most part. I hang out over at that other board too and that bunch will be more than happy to tell you how to fix it up and what it's worth.

Tom Powers
Sport

Re: Wright & McGill fiberglass rod

Post by Tom Powers »

Thanks for the info Canewrap.

Return to “Wright and McGill Co. Rods”