Link to Orvis Database by Greg Reynolds

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Link to Orvis Database by Greg Reynolds

Post by fishnbanjo »

Orvis Database by Greg Reynolds

Please add any Orvis rods you may own which are not in the database, don't forget to use the same information that Greg uses to keep the integrity of the information, thanks.

JOHNHENRYMARTIN

Re: Link to Orvis Database by Greg Reynolds

Post by JOHNHENRYMARTIN »

I have a orvis impregnated deluxe#34179,how ever the orvis index says that it is an battenkilldeluxe7.5 feet4oz2piecerod I would like any clarification that you may offer thank you
JOHN-HENRY MARTIN

Cane Head
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Cane Head »

Actually the data base says it's the 7 1/2' 4oz 2pc 2tip Battenkill which was rated for a HCH (7DT) line. This rod would have the standard Wes Jordan screwlocking reel seat. This is a far different rod than the 7 1/2' Deluxe.

The 7 1/2' Deluxe was a 2pc, 2 7/8oz, rod rated for the HDH (6DT) line and is fitted with 12/64 Orvis ferrules. It should have the small superfine grip with a double split ring all cork reel seat which has an aluminum butt tack. There should be a thread winding that wounds up about 1/2" on the front taper of the grip and matches the guide/ferrule/tip top windings and is usually a honey color thread.

I would be interested in the configuration of your rod.

Cane

JOHNHENRYMARTIN

Post by JOHNHENRYMARTIN »

thanks for the info cane . the description that you gave is a dead ringer for the rod that I have. I'm not real sure I know what configuration is but I'll give it a try... the rod is a 2 piece rod with both being the same length at 3'9". it has a cigar shaped handle with 2 rings on an all cork reel seat with a aluminum butt tack.It has a total of 9 eyelets plus the tip with the first eyelet being completely round. the only marking is on the butt just above the grip. It reads as follows,"orvis impregnated" with "deluxe" just below. The serial# is marked on both pieces just below what I think is what you call the ferrule.#34179It has both the bag witch is a light blue with dark blue border and the aluminum case witch is a gold anodized color, with no paper label.and has only one tip ..the way you described it was as if you were here with the rod in your hand.. If I can add anymore just let me know..I have pitures butt don't know how to load them but I'll keep trying ...thanks again
JOHN-HENRY.......

Morten

Post by Morten »

I am current owner of the Wess Jordan #77100. I wold like to add some info not listet in the base. Green bag+Leather tube. The rod blank bares the inscription "made for H.Solver Pedersen" .On the butt cap, the name is misspelled "H.S Pederson". The rod was never outside Denmark.

Kinds regards, Morten

Greg Reynolds
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Greg Reynolds »

Thank you, Morten. I'm planning to send an updated database to my host within the next week, and it should be online a few weeks after that.

The trout is stunning... :)

BigPine
Sport

Post by BigPine »

Hello, I own the following two rods that are not shown in the database:

#29630 Orvis 99, 7-1/2' 2/1
SDL with oiled spacer
#13 Super Z ferrule, Crimson wrappings
Orvis tube, Green plastic cap, blue label, marked HDH, 3-3/4 oz.
4/4/1961 Skinner/Reid
Sold to Cook, Newton & Smith (CT)
I had Orvis add a second tip years ago, so 2/2 now.

#32571 Orvis 99, 8' 2/1
SDL with varnished spacer
#14 Super Z ferrule, Crimson wrappings
Orvis tube, knurled aluminum cap, label is missing
6/19/1962 Skinner/Reid
Sold to Kelly's Sporting Goods (MO)

Both rods are in excellent fishing condition.
Regards, Jeff

Morten

Post by Morten »

Greg Reynolds wrote:
06/24/22 14:19
Thank you, Morten. I'm planning to send an updated database to my host within the next week, and it should be online a few weeks after that.

The trout is stunning... :)
It really tested the rod, 90 degress bend when that brown went through my legs. Super strong rod.

Greg Reynolds
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Greg Reynolds »

BigPine wrote:
06/25/22 11:49
Hello, I own the following two rods that are not shown in the database...
Thank you, Jeff.

Return to “Link to Orvis Database by Greg Reynolds”