Southbend 323 - 9' - White Reel Seat

Discuss various makers rods here, i.e. if the maker is not listed under its own forum please feel free to discuss them here vintage or current. I would like to keep the makers listed by an individual read-only forum so it will be easier for those interested in those makers to find specific information about the rods and the makers. If anyone has any original catalogs they could scan and pass along to me I would be pleased to use them to give a history of the maker and their models in a forum, thanks.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

baumgrenze

Southbend 323 - 9' - White Reel Seat

Post by baumgrenze »

My dad left behind several vintage bamboo rods. This post describes his Southbend 9' 323 HDH. I created a composite image in PhotoShop. I can supply detailed images if needed.

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/5z5u5tw19/]Image

One tip section has been 'repaired' and is 6.25" shorter. The tip-top is 0.095" ID whereas the other is 0.080". The mid-section is missing two snake guides. All the windings appear to be Southbend original. I carefully scrolled through the Southbend catalogs 1936 - the end.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=99151

I did not see a Southbend 323 with a white or ivory reel seat. Is it 'ususual?'

thanks,
baumgrenze
Last edited by baumgrenze on 06/25/18 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

baumgrenze

Re: Southbend 323 - 9' - White Reel Seat

Post by baumgrenze »

I apologize for failing to see that there is a Southbend sub-forum. Mea culpa.

If it can easily be moved, please do so.

I'm between eye surgeries in my left eye and the right one has permanently distorted vision.

thanks
baumgrenze

Return to “Rod makers history, value guide and general discussion”