Shakespeare A1305 Triumph

Discuss various makers rods here, i.e. if the maker is not listed under its own forum please feel free to discuss them here vintage or current. I would like to keep the makers listed by an individual read-only forum so it will be easier for those interested in those makers to find specific information about the rods and the makers. If anyone has any original catalogs they could scan and pass along to me I would be pleased to use them to give a history of the maker and their models in a forum, thanks.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

baumgrenze

Shakespeare A1305 Triumph

Post by baumgrenze »

My dad left behind several vintage bamboo rods. This post describes his Shakespeare 9' A1305 Triumph. I created a composite image in PhotoShop. I can supply detailed images if needed.

I looked through the Shakespeare catalogs and only found the A1305 in the 1937 issue. I believe Dad made his first fishing trip to upper Michigan in 1937. Was the rod only made for one season?
The major flaws in this rod are a missing guide on one tip section and one guide that is 'secured' with black electrician's tape. The mid-section has black tape on all of the the guides. There is a significant set in both tip sections.
What years did Shakespeare use the 'Honor Built' label on this rod? There are also very faint pencil markings on the label on the sock but I cannot interpret them. Might a sporting goods store have substituted a different Shakespeare rod and noted it on the label?

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=109063

thanks,
baumgrenze

Return to “Rod makers history, value guide and general discussion”