Vintage Belmont Remnants

Discuss various makers rods here, i.e. if the maker is not listed under its own forum please feel free to discuss them here vintage or current. I would like to keep the makers listed by an individual read-only forum so it will be easier for those interested in those makers to find specific information about the rods and the makers. If anyone has any original catalogs they could scan and pass along to me I would be pleased to use them to give a history of the maker and their models in a forum, thanks.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

baumgrenze

Vintage Belmont Remnants

Post by baumgrenze »

Here's one more entry from the rods my Dad left to me, just in case there might be value to someone in the parts or if these could be combined with another rod to make a whole rod. Mostly I felt compelled to post this to ask what the proper name for the stripping guide is. Here is the composite image. As you can see, what remains is a butt section with intact original cork and a tip section.

Comments?

thanks
baumgrenze

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Vintage Belmont Remnants

Post by Canewrap »

The Belmont was a model built by Montague for and sold exclusively by Sears, Roebuck & Co., around 1930 or so.
Not particularly valuable as a collectible, but considering where it came from, I would think it's priceless to you. That is an
agateen stripping guide (red glass used to simulate agate). If you ask around you can probably find someone with some
rod parts that come close in color, so you could substitute a mid and come up with an extra tip. You'll need to measure that
butt so you'll know what the length should be for the mid and another tip. That existing tip is short, so you'll have to decide
if you want it scarfed back to full length.

Return to “Rod makers history, value guide and general discussion”