Leonard Tournament 8’ Fly rod information

Discuss various makers rods here, i.e. if the maker is not listed under its own forum please feel free to discuss them here vintage or current. I would like to keep the makers listed by an individual read-only forum so it will be easier for those interested in those makers to find specific information about the rods and the makers. If anyone has any original catalogs they could scan and pass along to me I would be pleased to use them to give a history of the maker and their models in a forum, thanks.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Roysedge

Leonard Tournament 8’ Fly rod information

Post by Roysedge »

I am having trouble finding out information on my Leonard Tournament fly rod. the rough measurements are 32 1/2" butt section; 32 5/8" mid section, and 32 7/16 for the tip section. The reel seat looks to be walnut. The Leonard identification on the handle butt is shown in the pictures as well as the pat stamped on the female ferrule on the butt section. The rod cap is slightly rounded and made of brass and the tube itself is aluminum. The bottom of the tube is also brass that is fit over the aluminum tube and the rod sock is an off tan.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Return to “Rod makers history, value guide and general discussion”