Sears Roebuck JC Higgins D HCH rod?

Discuss various makers rods here, i.e. if the maker is not listed under its own forum please feel free to discuss them here vintage or current. I would like to keep the makers listed by an individual read-only forum so it will be easier for those interested in those makers to find specific information about the rods and the makers. If anyone has any original catalogs they could scan and pass along to me I would be pleased to use them to give a history of the maker and their models in a forum, thanks.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

borg0196

Sears Roebuck JC Higgins D HCH rod?

Post by borg0196 »

Having a hard time finding more information. Fiberglass rod, is HCH stand for a 7wt rod? A local fly shop thought it was a 5wt as a guess based on waving it back and forth?

chsparkman
Master Guide

Re: Sears Roebuck JC Higgins D HCH rod?

Post by chsparkman »

Yes your rod should be a 7-wt, but you should try lines 6-8 to see what feels best to you. Looks like a cool, fun old rod. Try asking about it over on the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum.
...as for us we pin our faith and fealty to the silk-wound PENTAGONAL rod cunningly yet simply devised of its FIVE subtle, individual triangular strips of cane throughout...

Holden, George Parker. (modified by me) Idyl of the Split Bamboo

Return to “Rod makers history, value guide and general discussion”