Vintage reels - I need help on value

A place to discuss those classic and vintage fly reels, classics include modern variations of those of vintage. Please add your photos, stories or just join in conversation about your reels.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

jan96
Master Guide

Vintage reels - I need help on value

Post by jan96 »

I have these reels for some years now..., I got them in a trade. At the time I was convinced that I will use them,..one day. But now I know that they will never be used. At least not by be.. I have several other reels that I use regularly so I was thinking to sell these three. The problem is that I don't know the value as no money was involved in a trade and that this was quite some years ago. Reels are obviously old and well used - this can be clearly seen on the photos.. But they work just fine.

Thanks in advance for the informations

r :)

Image]

sprat
Sport

Re: Vintage reels - I need help on value

Post by sprat »

The JJS Walker Bampton in that condition is a later Dingley-made model and is worth $125-$140.

jan96
Master Guide

Post by jan96 »

sprat wrote:The JJS Walker Bampton in that condition is a later Dingley-made model and is worth $125-$140.
This is a good news! Thank You very much for the information sprat! :) Other two are probably of lesser value I suppose..

sprat
Sport

Post by sprat »

I'm no expert on the other 2 but would expect between $75-$100 for each.

Mahseer
Guide

Post by Mahseer »

Just for your reference, in the UK I have bought a fine, boxed Farlow Cobra (like a Serpent but with a nice adjustable drag) for £20 plus shipping, and a fine example of the same Milward Flycraft for £31 plus shipping, over the last couple of years. Not much for such great reels.

jan96
Master Guide

Post by jan96 »

Mahseer wrote:Just for your reference, in the UK I have bought a fine, boxed Farlow Cobra (like a Serpent but with a nice adjustable drag) for £20 plus shipping, and a fine example of the same Milward Flycraft for £31 plus shipping, over the last couple of years. Not much for such great reels.
Thank you Mahseer :)

Reeldane
Master Guide

Post by Reeldane »

Clean up the Walker Bampton reel (late 1940's Dingley reel) with some hot Water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid - flush - and dry it - and with a few drops of oil you have a superb reel that will last another lifetime or two !

Return to “Classic Fly Reels”