Willow Classic Reels?

A place to discuss those classic and vintage fly reels, classics include modern variations of those of vintage. Please add your photos, stories or just join in conversation about your reels.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Steelman
Sport

Willow Classic Reels?

Post by Steelman »

anyone have info on Willow classic reels? I found one in the back of my gear bag. Probably purchased 7-8 years ago. Very nice reel with maple burl scales. Bidirectional click/pawl. Drag is nonadjustable. A google search would indicate that they seem to be out of business.

Steelman
Sport

Re: Willow Classic Reels?

Post by Steelman »

Stickman

Post by Stickman »

They are out of business, I'm not sure when when they closed their doors. They were based in Michigan. I seem to remember the reels were milled in Korea and the final assembly was done here. The are nice little reels, I purchased one of the ebony versions about a year ago. I think I paid less than half of the list prices shown on the old Willow site, so it will become a user, once I get around to building a 4 weight rod.

Tommasini
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tommasini »

Super high quality reels machined in S. Korea . Nice stuff!

4thru8weights

Post by 4thru8weights »

If you're still interested, I could contact him through a mutual acquaintance. He is still making reels. I don't know him personally, but it seems he has left Michigan and returned here to the cherry trout streams of South Korea. He sells reels, (nicely priced), through a couple of domestic fly shops.

http://rainbowfly.co.kr/product/list.html?cate_no=573

The label is Khan but some digging will reveal that it is the same fellow.

Return to “Classic Fly Reels”