Hardy Featherweight

A place to discuss those classic and vintage fly reels, classics include modern variations of those of vintage. Please add your photos, stories or just join in conversation about your reels.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

bigfastfish

Hardy Featherweight

Post by bigfastfish »

I have a Hardy Featherweight and spare spool that is bronze in color and has brass or brass colored reel foot. Was this an option that Hardy offered or a special issue. I have the blue and white case but no box or papers for an accurate description. Any help on name or other details is appreciated.

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hardy Featherweight

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

bigfastfish wrote:I have a Hardy Featherweight and spare spool that is bronze in color and has brass or brass colored reel foot. Was this an option that Hardy offered or a special issue. I have the blue and white case but no box or papers for an accurate description. Any help on name or other details is appreciated.
Sounds like you have a golden featherweight. Search that term for more info
Last edited by NewUtahCaneAngler on 03/02/22 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

Here's a picture of my Hardy Golden Featherweight side by side with my larger Golden LRH.
Dennis

sovereign
Master Guide

Post by sovereign »

bigfastfish wrote:I have a Hardy Featherweight and spare spool that is bronze in color and has brass or brass colored reel foot. Was this an option that Hardy offered or a special issue. I have the blue and white case but no box or papers for an accurate description. Any help on name or other details is appreciated.
// Your fly-reel is a Hardy Golden Featherweight, the five smallest of the Hardy Lightweights existed from 1989 to 1997 in a Brown stowe-enameld/ brass coloration too.wery good looking fly-reels I think and not so often seen. //steen. Ps : The Hardy Princess Lightweight you can find in four colorations, The Green Princess 1953-1956, the Grey/ Brown Princess from 1957 to 1958 only, the most common coloration, the one all Hardy Lightweights came in, The Princess 1961-2005? then made in Korea South and the Golden Princess 1989-1997, the five smallest Hardy Lightweights came in this color too.

Return to “Classic Fly Reels”