Fefferje, you've been hacked

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Fefferje, you've been hacked

Post by jeffkn1 »

I got two suspicious emails today, each with your name but from a different return address. Contact me at jeffkn1 AT yahoo DOT com

klingon
Master Guide

Re: Fefferje, you've been hacked

Post by klingon »

I also. Hackers requested $400 google play gift cards and requested scrape off to show pin and email pic of cards with pin showing, back to feffer (hacker).

Who do they think they're dealing with?

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Sadly Klingon they pound out enough of those they hit the gullible old coot who thinks he's going to be a good guy and help someone out. I don't plan on becoming one of those but there are so many cons out there with no recourse once you fall for them It's a quagmire of cyber theft going 24/7 thanks to the internet and social media sites. They target mostly the young and gullible or the very old and gullible but don't get much action from those of us in the middle category. I have been scammed but never for a con game I fell for but only because I trusted people I thought I knew.

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

The main reason for telling someone here that they've been hacked is to let them know they need to change their login to something a bit more complex, i.e. effective. Our older members, including myself, need to be reminded of that. At another forum I check daily one older member is hacked probably 3 or 4 times a year. Luckily, I'm not in his email directory, but I can always tell when he's been hacked.

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks for the reminder! I have changed my passwords on many of the sites requiring them. Jed
Fefferfly

Return to “Forum Announcements”