Bud Frasca's wife passed away

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

OnTheBrink
Guide

Bud Frasca's wife passed away

Post by OnTheBrink »

Claudia Frasca, Bud's wife, passed away Sunday evening when her pacemaker malfunctioned. For those of you who know Bud, you know how he cherishes and loves his wife and their two kids. His daughter Bria said services would be Tuesday, June 11.

Bud's family is with him now. In the coming weeks following the services when his family has returned home, his friends will be of great importance.

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Bud Frasca's wife passed away

Post by teter »

Thanks for sharing this. I'm sorry to hear it.

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

Sorry to hear it. May she RIP.
Dennis

canesterdf
Master Guide

Post by canesterdf »

If possible pass on my prayers and condolences. Such a tough thing to go through. I first met Bud when he visited Andy Puyans Creative Sports in Walnut Creek, CA in the mid 1970's He told me he had worked at William Mills Store in New York City May peace be with him. Paul

jeffbram

Post by jeffbram »

Is Bud Frasca OK? Is store is "Temporarily Closed".

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Let the man grieve!! just mentioning the store is closed is Boorish at best at this time. My condolences to Bud and the family during this horrible time.

drifly
Sport

Post by drifly »

I had read somewhere that Bud was taking a break from the business and was unsure about its future after this happened over a year ago. No intent of making light of any situation here at all.

Fred Kretchman
Sport

Post by Fred Kretchman »

Sorry to hear the news about Claudia. Although I've never met Bud or his wife, he's always been a pleasure to work with and our prayers go out to him and his family,
Fred

joep
Master Guide

Post by joep »

Gnome wrote:
10/24/20 07:28
Let the man grieve!! just mentioning the store is closed is Boorish at best at this time. My condolences to Bud and the family during this horrible time.
It has been a year and half. I am not going to put a timeline on someone's grieving, but i think at some point if you run a business people have the right to ask questions.

Tommasini
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tommasini »

joep, I second you sentiments. jeffbram's post was not in the least improper. Some people like to besmirch at the drop of a hat.

OnTheBrink
Guide

Post by OnTheBrink »

For the last year Bud's health has not been the best – currently dealing with cancer added to Agent Orange side affects from Vietnam. His daughter has moved from Texas back home to help.

Feel free to reach out to me if you're not receiving returned email or phone calls.

Mark

Return to “Forum Announcements”