Jerry Foster

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Jerry Foster

Post by roycestearns »

One year ago today, Jerry Foster lost everything in the CA Camp fire.

Jerry relocated to LaPine OR. I hope this finds he and his wife doing well.

I would imagine Paul McRoberts has been fighting CA fires unless he retired from Napa Fire department.

pmcroberts
Master Guide

Re: Jerry Foster

Post by pmcroberts »

Hello Royce!!

I know Jenny recently reached out to Jerry via email. Not sure if a reply was made. Mike Boulant and his wife also lost everything in that fire. Mike makes beautiful rods and he is a great guy to boot!!!

I am still working (although eligible to retire as of Oct 2018) and have been very busy. It is really odd to still carry my wildland gear through December, but the past few years we have had large fires in what is usually the dead of winter. It is unprecedented!!!

I hope all is well with you Royce!!! I hope Jerry chimes in at some point!!

Best,
Paul

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Hey Paul, good to hear from you, I know you and Jenny have been busy. I saw and visited with Jerry at the PNW fly tying expo this spring, and we were looking forward to a Bamboo event in Brownsville which failed to materialize. I don't think I've ever met Mike ... and didn't realize that we had two bamboo makers in Paradise. My Mom & Dad (both had passed by 2018) had a house in Magalia which we sold in 2017, the fire went right around the house! When is the retirement party?

jd-21
Sport

Post by jd-21 »

I spoke with Jerry last month, they are doing well, waiting on the final work to be completed on the new home. They are anxious to move forward and settle in, I believe they will be able to move in by December.
Terrible situation that occurred and is ongoing today with the fires. Our house caught fire when I was 4, I remember being carried down the stairs with flames around us...............bad memory for sure

tbc1415
Master Guide

Post by tbc1415 »

I spoke with Jerry yesterday. Their new home had just passed final inspection. He sent some photos. They will begin moving in the next days.

After a year of motel living that's got to feel really good.

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Thanks for the update.

Return to “Forum Announcements”