Ric Leverick (Paxlev) has passed

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

dale
Master Guide

Re: Ric Leverick (Paxlev) has passed

Post by dale »

This is sad. This is also why one should value one's health. This is why I am going to retire in three months. I've seen many die way too young due to bad luck. Get your fishing in while you can.

Dale

jayhake1
Sport

Post by jayhake1 »

I just logged into the forum after a long break and saw this news. So very sad to hear this. My prayers to his family.

I had the pleasure of fishing with Ric on 3 different occasions. We spent a weekend fishing the San Juan, a couple days on the Gunnison, and he and Pam hosted my wife and I at their cabin in New Mexico. A true gentleman. Kind, thoughtful, and generous. He happily let me fish a few rods that I would never have been able to touch on my own accord. Sad indeed.

triton8

Post by triton8 »

Sad news and my condolences to Ric’s family. I acquired my only Brandin rod from Ric and have yet to fish it. He was a pleasure to deal with and a wealth of helpful information on the board.

HERMES2069
Master Guide

Post by HERMES2069 »

I sold tic a Brandin years ago he will be missed

krautcaster
Guide

Post by krautcaster »

Very sad news, indeed.

When I found this forum many years ago he was one of the grand old collectors who impressed me a lot. I corresponded with him a few times and found him to be a helpful and friendly person. Certainly a big loss to this community.

My thoughts are with his family.

And may he find rivers running free and full of wild trout on his final journey.

Andy

OnTheBrink
Guide

Post by OnTheBrink »

Very sad news.

There were some similarities in our taste and I greatly enjoyed the PMs we shared. It was wonderful reading and feeling his excitement when he found something he had been looking for. He equally shared his enthusiasm when he saw I had acquired something.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Mark

uintaangler
Master Guide

Post by uintaangler »

Wow!
Shocking news.
I actually spent some time on the water with Ric and met his wife.
I am truly sorry for her loss.

Return to “Forum Announcements”