Ric Leverick (Paxlev) has passed

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

adrien schnee
Bamboo Fanatic

Ric Leverick (Paxlev) has passed

Post by adrien schnee »

I have just received word from Ric’s loving wife Pam that our long time forum friend Ric Leverick, who went by the monicker Paxlev, has passed away. He suffered a massive heart attack at the end of his work day last Friday.

Ric was a great enthusiast of fishing and bamboo fly rods, and felt a real kinship with many on this Forum who knew him much better than myself.
His passion for the gear we enjoy was tremendous. He was a devoted collector, and always glad to pass on his compliments to others on their latest acquisitions and share in their joy. I find it poignant that his final post here was devoted to sharing memories of his friend John Bradford the builder.

My deepest condolences to all of his family, and to his closest friends here. You’ll be missed by many Ric.

Adrien

jvh
Master Guide

Re: Ric Leverick (Paxlev) has passed

Post by jvh »

This is sad news. I never got to meet Ric but did correspond with him about rods. He was always very helpful.
Condolences to his family. He will be missed.
Vern

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

That is a huge loss for this forum. RIP, Ric.

Carlson Rod
Master Guide

Post by Carlson Rod »

I got the same email. Shocking, I guess you never know.
Ric was a great guy,
RIP, Ric.

j2t
Guide

Post by j2t »

Condolences to his friends & family. We never met but had several chats via email. He will be missed. RIP.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

My condolences to the family. A true loss to our community.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Drossi
Master Guide

Post by Drossi »

Condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

owenscaddis
Master Guide

Post by owenscaddis »

Very sad news indeed. Condolences to his family.

Rolf Jacobsen
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Rolf Jacobsen »

I’m truly, truly sorry to hear this. My deepest and sincere condolences go out to his family.
Brook Trout are God's way of saying everything is going to be all right.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Very Sad news. My condolences go out to his family.

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Wow- what a gut punch...so sad for his family. I didn't know him but always loved seeing his posts of his beautiful rods .. another sign that we need to enjoy every day we have on this earth!

EastslopesTH
Master Guide

Post by EastslopesTH »

Sad news indeed. While I had little direct correspondence with Ric, I always enjoyed his posts and benefited greatly from his commitment to this forum.
My condolences go to his family and close friends.
Rest in peace Ric,
Ron

Wild Skies
Guide

Post by Wild Skies »

So sad, so very sad. My sincere condolences to Ric's family.
Wild Skies
Since 1951

The Pink Panther
Guide

Post by The Pink Panther »

Such heartbreaking news. We had so many fascinating conversations and friends in common. We had planned to meet in person next year when I visit NM.

I know too well the pain his family is experiencing and wish for peace to follow soon.

We will all miss you Ric and know that you will find new rivers on your journey.
Kathy

jap201
Guide

Post by jap201 »

I never had the pleasure of meeting Ric, but we spoke a few times via the forum regarding John Bradford's rods. He was always a pleasure to talk to. My condolences to his wife and family. I enjoyed his posts, and he'll surely be missed on this forum.

Joe

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Well this is sad news indeed. RIP Ric
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

a2keith
Sport

Post by a2keith »

So sorry to hear this. I'm lucky to have bought a couple of Ric's rods years ago; I really enjoyed our correspondences during those transactions. My condolences to his loved ones.

Keith

ARTHURK
Master Guide

Post by ARTHURK »

I am vacationing with family in Hokkaido and was shocked by the very sad news. My thoughts and prayers for his family. While sad, in my heart I believe he is in a good place with Banjo & the great collectors & fishermen of our time. Ric has never been one to dwell on the negative and for him, I won’t.

While I have never met Ric in person or fished with him, Ric and I shared many similar tastes especially for high end rods and custom-makes as we loved & supported dedicated craftsmen. He was never one to be stingy and from the makers I know, he was a true patron, paying extra for special details. We communicated quite a bit via PM about our craze which went beyond normal budgets as we didn’t want to change tastes, we just had this love to push the art to a higher realm & he was never arrogant about it. The community misses him and I will miss a great sounding board.

We may lose comrades along the way but we continue this adventure as we love such things... the stories, the art, the people. ‘A life well lived’ such as Ric’s is what most of us aspired towards. The exquisite custom tackle existed & high end collector’s items had a Steward because of Ric and somehow someone will inherit and appreciate it. We do live for times such as this, we band of canerod brothers and Ric was one of the leading lights.

Thank you Ric, collector & angler extraordinaire... RIP my Friend.

Arthur

Trains&Canes
Guide

Post by Trains&Canes »

I only knew Ric from the forum, and I had contacted him about information about a rod that he had previously owned. Our exchanges were pleasant and helpful, and I'm sorry that we will loose his knowledge and enthusiasm. I have enjoyed his wonderful photos and postings. My sincere condolences to his loved ones.
Mark

CM Vance
Master Guide

Post by CM Vance »

I don't think that anyone loved bamboo rods more than Ric.

He will be missed.

-Chris

Return to “Forum Announcements”