Jordan-Mills Rod Co. News

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

salmonid1
Guide

Jordan-Mills Rod Co. News

Post by salmonid1 »

Loyal clients and new. Just a note to let you know that the Jordan-Mills Rod Co. is still alive and well albeit buying and selling very selectively. You will see entries on the Forum from time to time as I have not produced a catalogue since foolishly taking on building a new home to be near my grand children in Loudonville, NY (Albany County). The project sapped me so did not produce a hard copy catalogue since Spring of 2017. I will eventually refresh my website to reflect newest holdings but till then, email or phone contact is welcome. Same email -- clisella@aol.com and same cell number -- 914 260 3612. I am eager to build my inventory with high quality rods and reels. Happy New Year to all of you. Carmine Lisella

ozarkwater
Master Guide

Re: Jordan-Mills Rod Co. News

Post by ozarkwater »

My sympathies are with you. I say never buy an older home, remodel and...live in it at the same time! Because we did!
:(

Always good to see tackle listed. Market trends and all. And one never knows when a niche in the collection will appear so it can be snapped up.

We will be at the painting contractor stage in a few weeks. And thank goodness for that. Trout tags in MO expire end of February and am I ready for the new season!
Last edited by ozarkwater on 01/23/20 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ear4
Master Guide

Post by Ear4 »

Carmine,

Glad to hear that you are well, if busy. And good to hear that the business is continuing. I’ll keep a look out for the posts and website updates.

All the best, Ed

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Carmine, always appreciate what you are doing for the bamboo community!

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Caneghost »

Glad to hear that Jordan Mills will continue. Moving is bad enough, moving and building a new home? Our prayers are with you. Hope to see you at Summerfest this August!
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

EastslopesTH
Master Guide

Post by EastslopesTH »

Carmine,
I appreciate the detailed update and look forward to the freshened website. I wish you well in finishing the new home.

Ron

pecosjuan
Guide

Post by pecosjuan »

We miss seeing you at the various fly fishing shows :(

Pecos

Pitonboy

Post by Pitonboy »

Carmine is indeed alive and well in upstate NY. He happened to move about five miles away from me, so I have been able to pick several rods up from him in person. He has a continuous stream of new stock, so give him a call if you have that urge only a new bamboo rod will allay.

bob2935
Master Guide

Post by bob2935 »

Carmine is still selling but it appears there may not any more catalogs. Just picked up a really nice Gallas eight foot for a five . He remains my go to dealer. I have decided that I have to be the one to bring up this downward spiral of fishing collectibles. It's a dirty job but some one has to do it.

Bohemian Bob
Last edited by bob2935 on 02/10/20 23:08, edited 2 times in total.

MGrallert
Guide

Post by MGrallert »

Before internet it was Carmines catalogs that got me hooked.

Return to “Forum Announcements”