Eldredge Brothers CANCELLED

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Eldredge Brothers CANCELLED

Post by jeffkn1 »

I have not seen the list of participating vendors as yet but feel certain that: Our own master rod maker Fred Kretchman will be there with his usual array of fine cane, as well as the Hardy rep and others. As usual, you can expect outfitters and fishing camp reps upstairs. Also, I just spoke with Graydon Hilyard and he and son Leslie with be set up to sell and sign their books, including the outstanding biography of Herb Welch. Casting platforms will be up to allow tryouts of rods, both new and vintage. The gas grills will be set up for breakfast sandwiches at 9AM and dogs, burgers, and chicken for lunch, with coolers full of iced beverages, all complimentary. There are numerous items with special pricing, to be announced. I have never been there when it wasn't windy and cool, so dress accordingly for the outdoor area, especially the ladies.

Sante and I used to do rod and reel appraisals, with Dan Leroux doing tackle box appraisals. With the recent loss of Sante and AJ Campbell, it will be up to me and our capable friend Eric Thoresen to do the rods, with Dan still doing tackle. This photo taken from the Eldredge Facebook page is from two years ago when AJ and Sante(out of sight to the right) were still with us.

Should any edits be needed here, I'll make them as I get caught up.
Last edited by jeffkn1 on 03/15/20 11:22, edited 3 times in total.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Eldredge Brothers Fly Fishing Expo March 31

Post by headwaters »

Thanks for posting that picture of Sante and AJ, Jeff!

Rupert

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Jeff sounds like a fun time, and thanks for the picture.
We've just had our big show canceled due to COVID 19, so a few of us may get together on Friday, to visit what remains of the FLY FISHING MUSEUM, WILLIAM CUSHNER COLLECTION.

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

Thanks Jeff,

I visited Eldgrige Bros. When I vacationed in Maine a few years ago. At that time, they also had some Scott bamboo rods on display.

Cheers,
Joe

gt05254
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by gt05254 »

Well, here's a dumb question: where is the Eldredge Bros. Expo?
Thanks,
Gary

bamrod77
Guide

Post by bamrod77 »

http://eldredgeflyshop.com/

Address:
1480 US Route One. (Mail to PO Box 69)
Cape Neddick, ME 03902

Phone:
Local: 207-363-9269/9279
Toll Free: 877-427-9345
Fax: 207-363-9287

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

CANCELLED for this year

Post by jeffkn1 »

There will be no Fly Fishing Expo this year. Next will be in 2021.

Fred Kretchman
Sport

Re: Eldredge Brothers CANCELLED

Post by Fred Kretchman »

Thanks, Jeff, for posting this notice on the Eldredge Brothers Fly Fishing Expo. It is annually held the last Saturday of March, and is one of the best, friendliest, shows we attend. Exhibitors are both outside and inside, and our local TU chapter (Great Bay) volunteers to cook the food- which is provided free of charge by Eldredge. Company reps are there each year to explain their company's products, and casting platforms allow us to cast rods over the parking lot which is covered with plastic sheeting. If you've never attended this, you should consider it next year. AJ Campbell and Sante were a big part of it, and of course Jeff K. was and is capable of helping appraise vintage rods and reels. Dan is very helpful on lures and tackle box finds, and Eric is very capable- as Jeff mentions.
We all looked forward to the show this year, but circumstances being what they are, cancelling is the right thing to do.
Stay well,
Fred Kretchman

Return to “Forum Announcements”