Virtual Rodmaking Meeting Room

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

lkbamboo
Sport

Virtual Rodmaking Meeting Room

Post by lkbamboo »

Are you interested in a Virtual Rodmaking meeting room where demonstrations, discussions of techniques, etc could be presented using Zoom? Even live sessions from rodmakers gatherings!

Maybe once a week or month or ??

Looking for how much interest you have in such a project

Any Zoom experts?

Lowell

samsonboi
Master Guide

Re: Virtual Rodmaking Meeting Room

Post by samsonboi »

I'd be very interested in a once a week thing.
I can also host meetings on Zoom, since I've been doing Zoom for school recently and have gotten quite good at it, problem is my account is limited to 40 minute sessions.
"Car ce n'est pas assez d'avoir l'esprit bon, mais le principal est de l'appliquer bien.”- Descartes

Dave Dozer
Guide

Post by Dave Dozer »

Hi Lowell,

I've joined in a number of zoom meetings over the past couple of months. It's a great way to connect with people. I would be very interested if you get something going. For me, once a month would be great.

Dave Dozer
Sisters, Oregon

dorenac
Master Guide

Post by dorenac »

I would be interested , too.

Arubey
Guide

Post by Arubey »

I'd be interested.

Although I think there may be quite a bit of interest particularly at first, once a week may be difficult to sustain. Once a month seems like it could be the sweet spot. Though I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

best,
Andy
A. Rubey Rod Co.
rubeyrods.com

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Canewrap »

I'd be interested as well. Hopefully, we can coordinate a time - since we may be spread all over the different time zones.

lkbamboo
Sport

Post by lkbamboo »

JIGS...JIGS...JIGS

Virtual Rodmakers Session

Saturday, May 23, 9am MT

Featured Jigger - Scott Grady of Appleton WI

(Scott has done this program at several Gatherings)

If you have a jig you would like to show/demonstrate or attend the session

Reply To: Lowell Davis lkbamboo@gmail.com

(Attendees limited to 25)

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

I'd be interested.

Jeff

henkverhaar
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by henkverhaar »

Why limit at 25? Maybe limit active participants at 25, but open to passive attendees beyond that. I know it can be done with Zoom - at least where I work, we have occasional meetings with 6 or so presenters / active participants, and a couple hundred watchers...

Chased
Guide

Post by Chased »

There are limitations to Zoom with a free account (fewer participants/hosts/meeting duration). That said, I know some of us regularly use high-tiered Zoom enterprise accounts for work. I regularly host/co-host Zoom meetings for the University with dozens of presenters and hundreds of participants. As long as the main host is using an enterprise account and viewers join that meeting, there should be very few limitations.

You can also set up different registration links (and some degree of automation) with getting people signed up for these meetings to make things more efficient. You can even charge for registrations where you basically connect PayPal with the Zoom registration.

lkbamboo
Sport

Post by lkbamboo »

All those above and anyone else interested in the VRS at 9am MT on Saturday May 23rd featuring Scott Grady doing Jigs...Jigs...Jigs send me a message at lkbamboo@gmail.com

Lowell

WIHEXROD
Master Guide

Post by WIHEXROD »

Thanks Lowell for starting this.
Hope others will join in and help share/spread the knowledge.
Scott

WIHEXROD
Master Guide

Post by WIHEXROD »

Virtual Rodmakers Gathering
Saturday June 20th 10 am Mountain Time
Presentations By
David and Mary Ann Dozer of Sisters Oregon
How To Do A Zoom Presentation and Equipment Needed
Virtual Tour of David's Rod Building Shop
And
General Discussion of "How To Go Forward" with VRG
To Attend Send Name & Location
VRGhostmaster@gmail.com
Last edited by WIHEXROD on 06/16/20 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

WIHEXROD
Master Guide

Post by WIHEXROD »

For those that don't know our Presenters for the Session Next Saturday

The Information about the session was posted on June 11th

Mary Ann and Dave Dozer Biography

After living in the Sunnyvale, Ca for 15 years, Mary Ann and Dave Dozer headed north in 1995, and they now reside in Sisters, Oregon.

Mary Ann is a Fly Fishers International Master Casting Instructor and is a member of the FFI Casting Board of Governors.Her first fly fishing experience was in 1995 in Yellowstone Park and her passion for the sport took hold. When her high-tech career wound down after 20 years, Mary Ann opted to pursue her passion for fly fishing and share it with others.
Mary Ann has been teaching & guiding for 10 years in Oregon and Idaho.
She currently guides full-time in Central Oregon for the Fly Fishers Place in Sisters, Oregon.She loves to introduce new anglers to fly fishing or take anglers skill to that next level. Her love and finesse of casting has put her on the Winston Pro-Staff Team. Mary Ann is available for casting instruction, fly fishing workshops, and presentations.

Dave Dozer was born and raised in eastern Washington. He had a fishing rod in his hand as soon as he could walk, and caught his first fish in the Yakima River, a carp on a night-crawler, at the age of 4.His father had an old bamboo fly rod in Dave s hands by the time he was 8, and he was tying his own flies at the age of 10.Over the past 50 years, Dave has fished extensively across northern California, Oregon, eastern Washington and central British Columbia.Several years ago, Dave focused his efforts towards learning the art and craftsmanship of building bamboo fly rods.He now designs and builds custom bamboo fly rods under the company name of Bamboo Pursuits.He also offers bamboo rod building classes where he mentors one or two students through the rod building process.

Return to “Forum Announcements”