The New Simms at The Rivers Edge

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

The New Simms at The Rivers Edge

Post by Hellmtflies »

For those of you who have visited the Bozeman area over the years and are thinking about returning. For those who have a visit here on their wish list. The iconic Rivers Edge Fly Shop on north 7th is moving to a downtown location. I have no financial interest in this company but like many of you I've been a customer for years. The owners are two of the most accommodating folks to work with and I wish them good fortune in their new endeavor. So, check out the full article attached.
Mark

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: The New Simms at The Rivers Edge

Post by snorider »

Ya I saw the new store, there are now 2 fly shops within a 5 minute walk from my house. I have always liked the rivers edge, and have friends who guided for them for years. They are one of the best shops in the valley and always great to work with. I wish them all the best in the new venture with Simms. Now when I walk with the kids to the library I can check out the new gear! like I need anymore fly fishing gear...

The chronicle article is right next to the story of another idiot who fell into old faithful...even with the park closed people are doing stupid &%^$.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

One of them is chopped liver? Three owners. Great shop. Fantastic guys: Dan, Steve, Daniel.

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Brooks wrote:One of them is chopped liver? Three owners. Great shop. Fantastic guys: Dan, Steve, Daniel.
Nope they are both great.
The Montana Angler is about 1/2 a block away from the new Rivers Edge. I am a fly tying material buyer only, as I guide my own bad self, fish bamboo, and shops don't sell 19th and 20th century English fly reels. For materials I prefer the Bozeman Family Fly Shop, they have the selection, prices, and service which is unrivaled in Bozeangles. We now have over a dozen very good fly shops in the valley so no one is wanting for fishing gear.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

snorider wrote:
Brooks wrote:One of them is chopped liver? Three owners. Great shop. Fantastic guys: Dan, Steve, Daniel.
The Montana Angler is about 1/2 a block away from the new Rivers Edge. I am a fly tying material buyer only, as I guide my own bad self, fish bamboo, and shops don't sell 19th and 20th century English fly reels. For materials I prefer the Bozeman Family Fly Shop, they have the selection, prices, and service which is unrivaled in Bozeangles. We now have over a dozen very good fly shops in the valley so no one is wanting for fishing gear.

Ditto! On The Bozeman Family Fly Shop. That's the place in Bozangeles for materials today.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Hellmtflies wrote:
snorider wrote:

Ditto! On The Bozeman Family Fly Shop. That's the place in Bozangeles for materials today.
My chopped liver quote was in reference to "The owners are two of the most accommodating folks to work with and I wish them good fortune in their new endeavor."

There's three owners of the River's Edge: Dan, Steve, Daniel. Great guys.

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

AH! little bit slow on the uptake there. Ya they are good people and I really hope the new location works out for em!

Return to “Forum Announcements”