406 Fly Lines Availability

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

tabrods406
Guide

406 Fly Lines Availability

Post by tabrods406 »

Due to the current "Virus" condition our fly line manufacturing plant has been shut down since March 15th. We are currently out of stock on DT4, DT5 and WF7 with DT3s running low. We have an adequate inventory on DTs and WFs not listed above.Production was scheduled to begin again on May 18th but I haven't heard any news yet. I just wanted everyone to know the reason we out of stock on some popular lines. We normally have a time of six weeks from ordering to shipment but when production begins again I expect that time to increase to three months.

I would suggest trying one of our dealers listed on the DEALER page for lines out of stock. Please make sure to ask them if they have your line in stock as they won't be able to order any from us.

Thanks for your patience. This is just a temporary blip for us and we have all lines on order to be filled as soon as possible.

We're just trying to get out in front of questions people may have if we have any more "out of stock" fly lines. With all the talk of businesses folding just letting you all know we are alive and well.

Tom & Alexis

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: 406 Fly Lines Availability

Post by jhuskey »

Thanks Tom!

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Thanks for the information, especially including the forecast of expected lag time going forward, as well as the tip on checking with dealers.

para_adams
Master Guide

Post by para_adams »

Worth the wait!

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Hope you folks are doing well. With no Bamboo Bash this year we missed seeing and chatting with the two of you.

tabrods406
Guide

Post by tabrods406 »

czkid wrote:Hope you folks are doing well. With no Bamboo Bash this year we missed seeing and chatting with the two of you.
We're fine, thanks. We missed seeing you guys at the Bash but have reservations for next year's Bash. Sometimes these claves can be hard on us but we thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and making new friends.

Tom

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

I hope the floods in Midland don't further the problems with the manufacturing that Covid did. That community is getting hammered hard: 10,000 displaced, and my thoughts are with them.

para_adams
Master Guide

Post by para_adams »

Tom, my DT6 just arrived today and it perfectly matches my Carlin LL8663. Thank you!

Ron

tabrods406
Guide

Post by tabrods406 »

Brooks wrote:I hope the floods in Midland don't further the problems with the manufacturing that Covid did. That community is getting hammered hard: 10,000 displaced, and my thoughts are with them.
Shouldn't - one of the people there said that none of the Scientific Angler people or property was impacted.

Tom

Rondoman

Post by Rondoman »

Thanks for the update on product and availability.
Here’s hoping you and yours are healthy and safe
Looking forward to the return of the Bash

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Tom,

Thanks for the line! stay well and healthy

Jeff

WiFlyFisher
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by WiFlyFisher »

I received this email from Tom yesterday...

John,

Good news! We should have both in stock within the next two weeks. You can check the website - we'll post them as available.

Tom

tabrods406
Guide

Post by tabrods406 »

Hi everyone,

Well SA has gone the extra mile for us and shipped the DT4s, WF4s, and WF7s. They are due to arrive on Monday, the 13th. The only lines out of stock are the DT3s at present. Hopefully we should have them shortly.

Thanks for your patience,

Tom

Return to “Forum Announcements”