Missing Raine Rod

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

pmcroberts
Master Guide

Re: Missing Raine Rod

Post by pmcroberts »

Thank you all!!! I will post some pics in the proper sub forum. Now we just need to get that Taylor rod located!!

Paul

Clicking Ferrules
Sport

Post by Clicking Ferrules »

NewUtahCaneAngler wrote:
06/05/20 21:54
Another board member and I recently traded reels. The likely one-of-a-kind reel that I sent to him showed as delivered, yet, video cameras of his porch show that no one was on it to deliver the
package , nor take what USPS claimed was delivered. I've filed a claim, but it is too early to know the outcome. The sad part is that due to COVID19, the USPS system has simply been leaving packages which should be signed for.

Now I'm reluctant to sell anything of high value as any USPS worker with half a brain can tell by the amount paid whether or not insurance was purchased and if it has insurance, perhaps it can be flipped for a profit. Sad that a few bad apples force us to question the whole basket.

Cheers,
Joe
I did send Schroeder quadrate and CFO reel to dealer from Finland. Two separate packages left Finland to US
5.11. Nothing since, it has taken over two months to receive packages from US now. Normally it takes about one week.
I am beginning to feel bit worried.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

I understand. But these days shipping takes a lot longer than usual.

salmonid1
Guide

Post by salmonid1 »

Paul, I too hope this isn't protocol to come virus or not. I mailed an express package expecting it to arrive the next day before 3. The recipient got the rod 35 days later!!! I tend to think that the more details requested, the worse off you are. Simple priority mail seems to be best. Skip the bells and whistles. Carmine Lisella p.s. post office folks that I dealt with were first rate and never dropped the ball once I recorded a lost item.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Welcome to the new normal.

Return to “Forum Announcements”