The Passing of Bailey Wood

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

fishwoodrods
Guide

Re: The Passing of Bailey Wood

Post by fishwoodrods »

To say the least, this man will be missed. Always a pleasure to talk to, a gentleman in every sense of the word. One thing that I knew for sure when I started making rods was that I wasn't going to make my own ferrules. Turning to Bailey to fill that need was the only choice for me to make, and I have never been disappointed in his work. The iconic Super-Z ferrule has always been my choice for all the obvious reasons and I know that Steve will seamlessly carry on in that tradition as did his mentor Bailey.
My sincerest condolences to his family and all who considered Bailey his friend. He will be greatly missed.
Mark McKellip.

thomasrodco
Sport

Post by thomasrodco »

Just now seeing this about Bailey. What a kind man he was.
He was always a pleasure to talk with.
Our condolences go out to his family.
Steve

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Most of the important long-lived structures in our lives, like bridges and traditional fly-fishing for instance,
have quiet, strong foundation pillars.
Bailey was one of those.

Return to “Forum Announcements”