Rest in Peace dad I love you!!

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Rest in Peace dad I love you!!

Post by munsey w »

So sorry to hear this. RIP Mr. Hatton!

Pentalux
Master Guide

Post by Pentalux »

Very sorry for your loss Jeff - You have been an amazing son to an amazing Dad. May he rest in peace. Your in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

Sorry to hear of his passing, Jeff. You should be proud of the way you made his life easier when he most needed it.
Mark

Holland
Master Guide

Post by Holland »

Deepest condolences Jeff, so sorry for your loss.

WiFlyFisher
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by WiFlyFisher »

Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you and your family.

John

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Heartfelt condolences. 10th Mountain Division in Italy--amazing! I would have loved to have heard his stories. Speaking as someone who trained the military in Antarctica for cold weather survival for 9 years, I'm in awe of him being in the famous 10th! Peace be with he and you and yours.

Eddie Southgate
Master Guide

Post by Eddie Southgate »

Praying for you and your family . 96 years is a good life.
Wore out old rod junkie , WILL WORK FOR RODS .

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

It is time to celebrate a life incredibly well-lived, My thanks to all of you for your support and kind words in these trying times!!

Here's Dad with a nice gunny brown during a stonefly hatch, he loved the big bugs as we all do and maybe a little more than most of us.

He was in his early nineties when this was taken. RIP Dad, love you and miss you and always will!!

Not a bad fish on the dry :wave ;) :)

Dads obit;

Jack Hiram Hatton passed away peacefully in his sleep on November 15th at 4:25 P.M. at the Delta county hospital after suffering a major stroke. He lived a tremendously full life, born in 1924 on August 22nd, he was preceded in death by his mother and father and his loving wife Lillian, and his sons Robert and Richard. He goes to be with his brothers and sisters who also preceded him in passing. He is survived by His son Jeff of Paonia and his Granddaughter Jody of Johnstown CO. Jack loved the out of doors and was a true sportsman and lover of the wild places. He loved spending time in his boat on Blue mesa chasing kokanee or hunting the hills for deer and elk or chasing Antelopes north of Craig with his son Jeff. He served with Distinction in the 10th mountain division in WWII in the Po river valley and the Apennine mountains. He lovingly adopted his son's friends who had dads that did not have the time to take boys fishing or hunting. He was dad to so many. And we will miss him dearly. He was a fine fly fisherman and a true hero.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Jeff, that photo says it all.

Seabowisha Salmo T
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Seabowisha Salmo T »

jeff, the 10th mountain were very special men. the lucky ones who came home had a basket full of commendations. i think brokaw said it best, the best generation, ever. may God bless you.

jim w

1derboy
Sport

Post by 1derboy »

My condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad a couple of years ago now and it never gets easier especially when hearing of other's loss. Sending you and your family hugs, prayers and well wishes.

Rolf Jacobsen
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Rolf Jacobsen »

I just saw this. Jeff, Nancy and I are truly, truly sorry for your loss.
Brook Trout are God's way of saying everything is going to be all right.

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Jeff,
My most sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father, 96 years is quite a run. Your dad was and always will be a hero to our country and that debt of gratitude is well deserved. The 10th Mountain division as you know were the truest definition of the word hero and were the heart of the greatest generation to whom we all owe our freedom.

And Jeff as the boy who stuck by his dad to the end, your dedication is something of which you should be very proud.

Rest in Peace Jack!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

2dabacking
Master Guide

Post by 2dabacking »

Sorry for your loss, Jeff. I am honored to have broken bread with Jack, and I’ll always remember what a genuine joy it was to talk with him. My deepest sympathies.
Joel

OldCane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by OldCane »

Sorry for your loss.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a DD214.

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Jeff, just getting back to the forum and I see this ... I feel for you. It hurts, take time to mourn. Hold on to the memories they will bring solace. There will be dark clouds ahead, just try to focus on the bright spots.

The greatest generation is just about gone ... they are slipping from us like grains of sand in our palms.

Feeling for you bro.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Royce

Thanks and it is bittersweet, I should have immense grief yet it is tempered by the fact that he lived a truly full and honorable life and he did not suffer long after that major stroke. Time to celebrate a life well-lived. The hourglass of the greatest generation is getting very close to being empty and they have left a tough act to follow for us.
Getting all moved in? send me your new address, please

Jeff

flyslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyslinger »

Jeff, my heart goes out to you. I hope that his spirit lives on in all of the wonderful memories you have made together.
"Always drink upstream from the herd."

DaveNJ
Master Guide

Post by DaveNJ »

So sorry for your loss <3

Serpentine
Guide

Post by Serpentine »

Very sorry to hear of your loss , please except my sincere condolences .

Return to “Forum Announcements”