What a Wonderful Forum!

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

What a Wonderful Forum!

Post by Hellmtflies »

Ya gotta love this Forum and the Forum Members!

A while back I was approached by Nick, AKA "Bassman", about joining him and others in the annual "Christmas Fly Swap". I thanked him for asking me to join but I had to refuse as I had just had two surgeries that prevented me from being able to ty. Not to drag you through it all but at that time I had just had rotator cuff surgery to my left shoulder and my thumb on my right hand, my casting hand, had to have the thumb fused due to complete dislocation from arthritis. So tying was and is out of the question until sometime in January/February of 2021. Again I thanked Nick for the offer but declined. End of story or so I thought.

Well, today, out of nowhere I received a package in the mail from Nick. In the package was a box of flies tied by Twisted Tippet here from the forum as well. The note from Nick indicated that the swap had been very generous this year and there was an extra box of flies available. Since I couldn't ty flies currently and my better have would be missing flies that she would normally find under the tree he sent them to me to forward to my wife on Christmas. What a wonderful surprise and a gift well received.

I just thought I would share this little story with the Forum members to say how wonderful and thoughtful this Forum and it's members can be.

A huge Thank You goes out to Bassman and Twisted Tippet!

May all of you on the Forum have a Wonderful and Joyous Holiday Season!

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: What a Wonderful Forum!

Post by fefferje »

Mark, thanks for posting that generous action of Nick’s and Twisted Tippet’s. We need not take for granted this wonderful forum of caring people, especially when it’s hard to meet in person. Have a blessed Christmas Mark and to each and everyone. Jed
Fefferfly

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

I found that the people on this forum are uniformly generous with their information, advice and parts. I hope all have a great holiday and stay safe from this virus.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

The most important part of shoulder surgery is the post op physical therapy. And I hope you liked your anesthesiologist.

Get well!!
Last edited by PYochim on 12/16/20 08:31, edited 2 times in total.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Well said, Guys! I definitely agree. Our little subculture is a wonderful place!

And, Mark, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery! As I have advised you a number of times, I live vicariously through your fabulous and regular posts!

twistedtippet
Guide

Post by twistedtippet »

Mark, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you get some use out of my flies. I received your flys in last years swap and they were superbly tied. Have a Merry Christmas
tt
------------------------------------------------------
Even the blind squirrel gets an occasional nut.

mer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by mer »

This was a little different that what I expected.
Different in a good way.

I've been around this forum for a while, seen folks come and go. But my overall opinion is "bunch of crusty old people, that sound gruff most of the time, but will give you their last dollar if you need it".
And lots of newcomers show up with that attitude, not just old timers.

So, twistedtippet (if you set wings better it won't twist), good job. I learned a long time ago that the best part of tying flies is giving them away. Thank you for continuing the traditions.

Mark, do the PT so you recover fully.

Everyone else, thank you for helping keep the spirit alive here.

twistedtippet
Guide

Post by twistedtippet »

>So, twistedtippet (if you set wings better it won't twist),

mer,

tt
------------------------------------------------------
Even the blind squirrel gets an occasional nut.

mer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by mer »

Ha. Why am I picturing a rodeo, coming out on a horse and lassoing a fly....

:)

ARTHURK
Master Guide

Post by ARTHURK »

Get well soon Mark! Wonderful gift Nick & TT! Merry Christmas & Happy 2021 All. Stay safe & well.

Arthur

Return to “Forum Announcements”