Michael Sinclair - UPDATE 1/21

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

uppercreek
Guide

Re: Michael Sinclair - UPDATE 1/21

Post by uppercreek »

Michael,

I was just thinking about you as I recently used your outstanding Divine rod book to research and identify an old rod for my brother. I often reach for your well researched books first when trying to identify or learn more about a rod, plus you have been very responsive to my email inquiries. Your Heddon book inspired me, and many others undoubtedly, to collect and fish with bamboo rods. You deserve to rest on your laurels, but I'm sure you will continue to help and inspire other cane aficianados. May you have a full and speedy recovery.
Take care,
Kevin

uniquafly
Master Guide

Post by uniquafly »

Michael,

I’m so very thankful to hear you are back home and doing better! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

I thank you again for all the wonderful restoration work you’ve performed on my Heddon and Divine rods as well as the wealth of history and information you freely share with a fellow bamboo enthusiasts. It has made me and so many others on our forum better collectors. I have to say that my journey down the hall dedicated to Fred Divine and his contribution to the history of the bamboo fly rod was very much inspired by you and your book about the man. I’ve read it through several times but still take it from the shelf to read through again. Take care and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Gary
“He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.”

Norman Maclean

EastslopesTH
Master Guide

Post by EastslopesTH »

Michael,
I am pleased to hear you are out of the hospital and back home. Thank you for your update as I, like others here, were waiting for word on your health.
I also want to thank you for all your contributions to the world of bamboo rods. Your written works and online expertise are indispensable to our own collecting, restoration and repair work. In fact I was just reading your Heddon book this week to research some upcoming projects I will be undertaking.
There's is no need to apologize for winding down your business as you earned your retirement. I just hope others develop the passion and carry on growing the community.
I wish you well and hope you continue contributing to the forum as you see fit.

All the best,
Ron

Nova66
Sport

Post by Nova66 »

Michael,
Last time we communicated I had no idea that you were fighting so many medical issues. I am glad to hear that you are recovering and planning to rest until you feel well.
You have contributed so much to the sport, it must be nice to know that your books and work will help fishermen for many, many generations to come.

Take care, George Butkosky

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Great to hear you're back at home, Mike, heal up and don't worry about the rods anymore. Your health is paramount. I will think and send good thoughts your way every time I fish the Divine Fairy you so magnificently resurrected for me.

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

So Glad you are home Michael! Rest, Recover and rest assured the work of your hands has enabled countless great memories. My little 8' Monty is a testament to the skill you possess and I will think of you when I fish it! Be Well and take care of yourself.
Michael
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

sweetnut
Sport

Post by sweetnut »

Mr Sinclair,
So glad you are home and healing. Such good news.
Ron

Bugtussel
Guide

Post by Bugtussel »

Great to hear you are home. Continue to get well and be safe.

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by rsagebrush »

In my prayers, God Bless and do the best you can.

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Michael you don’t know me but like many your books and posts on the board have fueled my interest in bamboo rods and restoration. There are 4 grangers 2 Heddons and 2 winchesters on my bench that will be restored in part through the knowledge you provided. Congrats to you on your retirement - as much as you are frustrated at it being beyond your control - and rest assured your legacy in the bamboo community is secure.

I salute and thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart for your contributions.

John

oldschoolcane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by oldschoolcane »

Sorry to hear of the troubles, Michael. Thank you for all your advice and help over the years.

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

PaducahMichael wrote:
01/21/21 22:41
I am often confused and my memory is intermittent. I have difficulty maintaining my balance.....
You're certainly not alone. Look around you.
This time, stay safe and keep your shiny side up.

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

Michael,
Sure seems like this is a lot to go through just to get some attention. Ha! Get well, my friend.
Mark

Dave in Maine
Guide

Post by Dave in Maine »

Michael:
Glad to hear you're out of the hospital. I treasure the Heddon #13 with brook trout decal which you rehabilitated for me some years ago and wish we had had the chance to fish it together. Might still happen - one never knows.
All my best.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Michael - So glad to hear you are soon to be up and about and getting some much needed fresh air.
Best to you and yours - Brian
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

solo8232000
Guide

Post by solo8232000 »

I have been out of circulation for sometime, Michael. So sorry to hear of the maladies..but I sure can commiserate!! Getting old is not for sissies!!. I use your books regularly and I am awed by the breadth and depth of your knowledge. Stay safe and hang with us!!

Paul Chance

canerodscom
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by canerodscom »

Hi Paul

Nice to see your name pop up here. Hope you’re doing okay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoneybamboo

Post by Stoneybamboo »

Michael, So glad to hear you’re home and healing. Thank you for the many rods you have restored for me. I’m glad we made a deal and you got to have one of my Heddon Model #65 Deluxe rods....rare birds indeed. You autographed books and restored rods will be passed down for generations in my family. David Potti

billems
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by billems »

I own a Granger Special you restored. Looks better than any other Special I've ever seen. Never met you or did business. But I'm an admirer and wish you the best. And your still write very clearly. Fingers crossed.

NshTrtBum
Sport

Post by NshTrtBum »

Michael,

I've been fortunate enough that your knowledge and wisdom have transcended over to the NFLCC. I'm praying for your recovery and hoping someday to meet you once the world is safer.

God Bless,
Brett

Return to “Forum Announcements”