catskill cane revival

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

mikec
Guide

catskill cane revival

Post by mikec »

without all of the fanfare usually associated with this event, we are planning to have a mini Catskill Cane Revival at the catskill fly fishing center and museum, Saturday, April 3. since it is not at the roscoe school, i believe we can start around noon, weather permitting. we have had blizzards at this time of year. tom mason, bruce concurs, and myself were volunteering to give casting instruction at the pavilion by the pond that day, when the CFFCM has it's opening day First Cast. Since we are going to be there, I have decided to add a bamboo element to the day.
social distancing rules will be in effect, and masks are required. i will have a box of those little gloves for everyone to wear. many of us have gotten shots, but ny state still requires masks indoors, and we would like to see everyone wearing one here.
stay safe
mike

OldCane
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: catskill cane revival

Post by OldCane »

Thanks for the info. I hope to be there.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a DD214.

lestrout1
Guide

Post by lestrout1 »

Yo mike - thanks for keeping us up on this. I hope I'll have been vaccinated in time for this.

tl
les

OldCane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by OldCane »

Mike, Is this still on?

hopkintoncane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by hopkintoncane »

I spoke to Mike today, the event is very much on, and to all supporters of the museum, I would certainly encourage folks to try to support the event, check with Mike on requirements and restrictions, a personal note, I will be there and will display a handsome collection of both vintage and contemporary cane for all participants to partake of at their leisure, long live the Catskill Tradition, let's safely and respectfully celebrate fishing and renewed life in this beautiful corner of the world, and BTW, lets also all say thanks to Mike for the effort to keep this on track, its really important that he and his associates be recognized for all of their hard work and dedication, Todd

OldCane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by OldCane »

Baa, I've been "informed" that doing anything on the 3rd is out of the question. So I will be miss attending the Catskill event this year.

Brier549
Guide

Post by Brier549 »

I want to thank Mike Canazon for putting this event together! My grandson and I had a great time and it was a joy to see many old friends( at a social distance of course). Thanks again to Mike and all who helped and contributed to this. The other Mike C.

Return to “Forum Announcements”