Ted Rogowski passed away

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Fred Kretchman
Sport

Ted Rogowski passed away

Post by Fred Kretchman »

Sorry to say, but our friend, Ted Rogowski, passed away July 4th. He was Joan Wulff's husband for many years, and he enjoyed attending various functions, including the Catskill Rodmakers Gathering. As an attorney, he was instrumental in his early years for helping develop what is now the EPA. Nobody knew more about the oil drilling controveries in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge than Ted. He was a giant in his field and loved to fly fish. I feel fortunate to have fished with him once on the Beaverkill, and I remember what a gentleman he was on the water, as well as in person. We will all miss you Ted.
Fred

cwfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Ted Rogowski passed away

Post by cwfly »

Fred,
I appreciate the news but not its content. I only met Mr. Rogowski once, a few years ago in downtown New York. He was a gentleman and had had so much input with the EPA. He, and people like him will be missed.
Charlie

Eperous
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Ted Rogowski passed away

Post by Eperous »

Fred Kretchman wrote:
07/06/21 18:03
... We will all miss you Ted.
Very sad to read this... he was quite the advocate for clean water/trout streams, in addition to being married to Joan Wulff... his presence will be sorely missed...

Ed

Return to “Forum Announcements”