Marshall Jacobsen has passed...

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

PolishSteel
Sport

Marshall Jacobsen has passed...

Post by PolishSteel »

While not a "Big Name" fly fisher and fly tyer, if you fished Northern Indiana/SW Michigan you might have run into Marshall on a trout/ steelhead stream. He always was puffing on his pipe and you couldn't meet a more gentleman of a fly fisher. Always willing to share what the fishing were feeding on, share a fly, and a joke or two.

Marshall for many years ran the Elkhart Conservation Club's brown trout hatchery. If you caught a brown trout in Northern Indiana streams then you can thank his efforts and those who took over for him when he physically couldn't do it anymore.

He was one of my fly fishing mentors over my almost 40 years of fly fishing and I learned much from him. If there are trout in Heaven, then Marshall is having a great time! He went to his eternal rest just a few months shy of his 98 birthday. Fish On my friend....

cdmoore
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Marshall Jacobsen has passed...

Post by cdmoore »

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a good man.

Return to “Forum Announcements”