This year's SRG program

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Titelines
Administrator

This year's SRG program

Post by Titelines »

Howdy all,

I'm again in charge of setting up the program for this years SRG
this year, and I'm looking for guinea, uh, volunteers to do some time
in front of a captive audience. Please email me back, off-list
preferably, if you're interested in being a part of our program this year.

Near the end of last year's program, I mentioned that I'd like to
run a seminar similar to what the good folks did last year at the
Catskill Rod Makers Gathering, on making reel seat hardware from
findings. I'm still interested in doing something like that, and I
remember a bunch of folks volunteered to bring their mini-lathes to
the gathering this year to be used in the seminar. If you remember
volunteering the use of your lathe, or if you are interested in
taking the seminar, and have a lathe that you could bring along,
please let me know, again off-list.

Thanks,
Mark

Titelines
Administrator

This year's SRG program

Post by Titelines »

Howdy all,

For those of you who are planning on attending the SRG this year, and would like to participate in a reel seat hardware machining workshop, I need an approximate head count of those who would be interested in taking the workshop. There will probably be a nominal fee for participating, to cover the cost of materials. I need the head count to determine the amount of materials to get, and also for determining whether to hold one or two workshops. The workshop will follow the same format that Gary Dabrowski designed and gave at the Catskill Gathering last year.

Also, I need to find out the number of mini-lathes that folks attending the SRG can bring along. That will also help determining how many workshops I need to schedule.

Thanks,
Mark

Titelines
Administrator

This year's SRG program

Post by Titelines »

Howdy all,

One more this morning, I'd like to hear from folks that would like to give a presentation at this year's SRG. We have 1/2 hour and one hour time slots still available. Also, the Taper Show and Tell (formerly the Taper Contest) will be held fist thing Saturday morning this year, at 10 AM. I'd like to apologize for the foul up on my part last year that didn't allow that part of the program to be held. I hope moving this portion of the program up to a prominent spot will give the folks that are interested the recognition and soapbox they deserve.

Mark

caniac.flyfishingarkansasandmissouri

This year's SRG program

Post by caniac.flyfishingarkansasandmissouri »

Mark,

count me in for the program. i'm bringing my lathe. i also have a buffing wheel on an electric motor if we need it.

Caniac

" graphite rods are just a passing fad "

Titelines
Administrator

This year's SRG program

Post by Titelines »

Caniac,

Much thanks! And please do bring your buffing wheel if you have room for it!

Mark

canerodscom
Bamboo Fanatic

This year's SRG program

Post by canerodscom »

Hi Folks,

Looks like the program has been updated on the SRG website. Please take a look at www.southernrodmakers.org if you're interested.

We'll also be having a Beginner's Workshop. If you plan to participate and have specific interests and questions, please let me know in advance so I will be sure to bring the correct tools, etc to demonstrate.

Harry

czkid
Administrator

This year's SRG program

Post by czkid »

Great Job All!!!! Thanks for all the effort, looking forward to next year and the 10th anniversary.

Ralph
CZKid

dskeeter1

This year's SRG program

Post by dskeeter1 »

I can't say enough about the efforts of those organizing and presenting the SRG event! The time invested had to be huge. It never ceases to amaze me how open and helpful so many have been in helping us new comers to rod building. I just hope I will be able to do the same down the road for some one else just starting. Again, THANKS!!!! Don Hansen.

canerodscom
Bamboo Fanatic

This year's SRG program

Post by canerodscom »

Here's a quick and dirty webpage of a few of the folks at SRG 2006.

www.canerods.com/SRG%2006.html

Harry

SWhitman
Master Guide

This year's SRG program

Post by SWhitman »

I would also like to thank the SRG and all the guys and gals that I met over the weekend for a great time. I made some new friends and learned far more than I expected from people who are passionate about Cane and the sport of Fly Fishing . If anyone of you have considered going to one of these events...just go you will come away pleased. Special thanks to Jeff Fullz and Harry Boyd for quickly putting together the beginners program for those of us who are new to building and again thanks to all for making me feel welcome.
Scott Whitman

czkid
Administrator

This year's SRG program

Post by czkid »

By any chance did l leave my Black Ocuma and miniature Wheatley fly boxes at the SRG somewhere???? I can't find them in my "stuff" and I'm going nuts!!!! Especially the miniature Wheatley as Basye just bought it for me at the Southern FFF Conclave and it was full of sweet wet flies.

Thanks!!!

Ralph
CZKid

canerodscom
Bamboo Fanatic

This year's SRG program

Post by canerodscom »

Ralph,

I didn't see them, but I left pretty early on Sunday. Might check with Lowell, or with the folks at Fulton's.

HB

Return to “Forum Announcements”